Welcome to our comprehensive guide on Airasia, one of the largest low-cost airlines in the world. This article provides you with an overview of the company, its flight status and tracking system, destinations, aircraft fleet, strategic alliances, hub system, baggage information, pet policy, customer service, and its evolution. Whether you are planning a vacation or a business trip, this guide is designed to help you understand Airasia better and make your journey hassle-free and enjoyable. For more information about other major airlines, feel free to visit the Airline Guide on iFly.com.
Founded by Tony Fernandes, Airasia is a Malaysian low-cost airline serving an average of 500 flights per day with a fleet of over 250 aircraft. With over 24,000 dedicated employees, the airline has a significant presence across Asia, Australia, the Middle East, and the United States. To know more about the company, follow this link.
Flight Status & Tracking
Stay updated with your Airasia flight status through their website, mobile app, or airport FID screens. This airline also offers real-time flight tracking using GPS, radar, and satellite communication.
Check Airasia Flight Status to get current departure, arrival, or delay status of any flight, including flight tracker on a map.
Find more help here for your journey through the airport
Airasia operates a modern Airbus fleet and continuously seeks to expand and upgrade its fleet. Learn more about their aircraft fleet here.
Partners & Alliances
Airasia has formed strategic collaborations and alliances to enhance its services and widen the range of destinations for its passengers. To learn more about these partnerships, click here.
Airasia, recognized by the IATA code AK, operates a comprehensive hub system that includes several bases of operations and hub airports. The main hub is situated at Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia, which serves as the primary base for Airasia's operations. Secondary hubs, such as Don Mueang International Airport in Bangkok, Thailand, and Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta, Indonesia, have been established to expand the airline's network. The hub system, dating back to Airasia's establishment in 1993, has allowed the airline to streamline flight schedules, optimize aircraft utilization, and offer a wider range of destinations to its customers. For more details, visit the gateway hubs.
Flights & Destinations
Explore the wide range of direct and nonstop flights to various global destinations offered by Airasia. The airline also offers inclusive vacation packages for a more comprehensive travel experience. To know more about their flights and destinations, check out this link.
Travelling with Airasia and need help understanding their baggage rules, limits, and fees? From carry-on bags and checked baggage to extra, oversized, and special items, this article provides a comprehensive guide to help you pack efficiently and avoid any unexpected charges or issues. It also offers information on Airasia's frequent flyer program and its benefits. Ensure a stress-free travel experience and avoid any unnecessary complications by familiarizing yourself with Airasia's baggage guidelines. Find all the necessary baggage info here.
Traveling with pets? Airasia has implemented a comprehensive pet policy to ensure a comfortable and safe journey. For the most accurate information, check directly with the airline here.
Founded in 1993, Airasia has come a long way from its humble beginnings to being a pioneer in the low-cost carrier segment. Learn about Airasia's remarkable evolution here.
Quick Facts About Airasia
- AirAsia is a Malaysian low-cost airline headquartered near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- It is the largest airline in Malaysia by fleet size and destinations.
- AirAsia group operates scheduled domestic and international flights to more than 165 destinations spanning 25 countries.
- It was named as the world's best low-cost airline for 11 years in a row in international travel and airline awards, from 2009 to 2019.
- AirAsia has been implementing self check-in services to make the check-in process faster and easier for passengers.
- The airline offers a loyalty program called AirAsia BIG, which allows members to earn points on AirAsia flights and with its partners.
- AirAsia's in-flight menu offers a variety of meals, including vegetarian options and regional specialties.
- Passengers can pre-book their meals to ensure availability and can also pre-book additional baggage allowance.
- AirAsia's RedQ, its head office, is located at Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2), Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia.
For any queries related to flight information, reservations, lost or damaged luggage, customer relations, or frequent flyer program, Airasia provides comprehensive support. Find the contact info here.