Transavia Airlines Guide
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on Transavia Airlines, a leading Dutch low-cost airline. We delve into the airline's services, including flight status, tracking, destinations, aircraft fleet, partners & alliances, gateway hubs, baggage rules, pet policy, and customer service. We also explore the history of Transavia, providing insights into its evolution from its establishment in 1965 to becoming a prominent airline in Europe. For more information about other major passenger airlines, check out the Airline Guide on iFly.com.
Transavia, a subsidiary of Air France-KLM, operates around 500 flights per week to over 100 destinations across Europe and North Africa. It serves over 10 million passengers annually, making it a popular choice for budget-conscious travelers. For more information, visit the company details.
Flight Status & Tracking
Stay updated with your Transavia Airlines flight status through their website, mobile app, or airport FID screens. This airline also offers real-time flight tracking using GPS, radar, and satellite communication.
Check Transavia Flight Status to get current departure, arrival, or delay status of any flight, including flight tracker on a map.
Find more help here for your journey through the airport
Transavia operates flights with a modern and regularly updated fleet of Boeing and Airbus aircraft. The Boeing 737-800 is the backbone of their fleet due to its fuel efficiency and reliability. For more details on the aircraft fleet, click the link.
Partners & Alliances
Despite not being part of any major airline alliance, Transavia has extended its reach through various partnerships and codeshare agreements with airlines such as KLM, Air France, Delta Air Lines, and Virgin Atlantic. Learn more about these alliances here.
Delve into the hub system of Transavia Airlines, a model which allows the airline to efficiently connect passengers to their destinations via multiple bases of operations. Discover how the main bases in Amsterdam and Paris serve as crucial links in this network, ensuring excellent connectivity to various domestic and international locations. Learn about the history of this system, dating back to the airline's establishment in 1965, and how it has evolved over the years to optimize flight networks and passenger experiences. For more details, visit the gateway hubs page.
Flights & Destinations
Transavia offers flights to a wide range of popular vacation destinations, from the cultural richness of Barcelona to the vibrant nightlife of Ibiza, and the historical charm of Prague. They also offer convenient vacation packages, combining flights and accommodations. Discover more about these flights and destinations.
Gain a better understanding of Transavia Airlines' baggage rules, limits, and fees to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey. Whether you're a frequent flyer or traveling domestically or internationally, it's essential to be aware of the airline's guidelines for carry-on bags, checked baggage, and special items. Additionally, find out about the potential benefits and allowances for members of the airline's frequent flyer program. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, check the baggage info directly with Transavia Airlines on the day of your flight.
Transavia offers a comprehensive pet policy for both cabin and hold travel. However, certain restrictions and limitations are in place, so it's important to check directly with the airline before booking. For more information, visit traveling with pets.
Discover the fascinating journey of Transavia, from its initial charter flights to its current status as a leading low-cost carrier in Europe. Learn more about this remarkable evolution here.
Quick Facts About Transavia Airlines
- Transavia Airlines is a Dutch low-cost airline and a wholly-owned subsidiary of KLM and, therefore, part of the Air France-KLM group.
- The airline was established in 1965, and it operates scheduled and charter services to summer and winter holiday destinations.
- Its main base is Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and has further bases at Rotterdam The Hague Airport, Eindhoven Airport, and Paris-Orly.
- Transavia Airlines offers a buy-on-board food and beverage service, offering sandwiches, snacks, and drinks for purchase.
- The airline's fleet consists of Boeing 737-700 and 737-800 aircraft.
- Transavia does not offer a frequent flyer program, but you can earn and spend Flying Blue Miles, the frequent flyer program of parent company KLM.
- They operate with a single Economy Class cabin, but passengers can choose to add extras such as more legroom, an upfront seat, or a seat with extra back support.
- Transavia Airlines has a good safety record and has not had a fatal accident in its history.
- Passengers are allowed one piece of hand luggage with a maximum weight of 10 kg.
Transavia's customer service covers a variety of areas including flight information, reservations, lost or damaged luggage, and their frequent flyer program. They also offer a convenient mobile app for on-the-go assistance. For more information, visit contact info.