Turkish Airlines Guide
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on Turkish Airlines, the national flag carrier of Turkey. This article provides an in-depth look at the airline's operations, flight tracking, fleet, hubs, customer service, and historical evolution. Let's explore the world of Turkish Airlines, a renowned carrier with over 300 global destinations, known for its impressive service and modern fleet.
With its main hub at Istanbul Airport, Turkish Airlines is one of the largest and most profitable airlines globally, serving over 75 million passengers annually. For more detailed company information, click here.
Flight Status & Tracking
Stay updated with your flight status through the airline's website, mobile app, or airport FID screens. Real-time flight tracking is also available using GPS, radar, and satellite communication. Check the current departure, arrival, or delay status of any flight here, or track the progress of flights in real-time on a map using the Flight Tracker.
Find more help here for your journey through the airport
The airline operates with a diverse fleet of 361 aircraft, including models from Airbus, Boeing, and Embraer. Significant deals in recent years have allowed the airline to modernize its fleet, ensuring a comfortable and safe travel experience. For more details, visit the aircraft fleet page.
The hub system of Turkish Airlines is primarily based at Istanbul Atatürk Airport, with an additional hub at Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport. The strategic positioning of these hubs allows the airline to offer convenient connections between Europe and Asia. To learn more, visit the gateway hubs page.
Traveling with Turkish Airlines ensures access to a wide range of support services for a smooth journey. Whether you need assistance with flight information, reservations, lost or damaged luggage, or their frequent flyer program, you're covered. For more details about the airline, including baggage policies, pet policies, and other relevant information, click on the contact info.
Since its inception in 1933, Turkish Airlines has grown from a modest fleet of five aircraft to a global carrier. Its journey includes significant milestones such as being one of the first airlines to introduce jet aircraft and its memberships in the International Air Transport Association and the Star Alliance. Learn more about the airline's journey and its commitment to quality, safety, and customer satisfaction by exploring its rich airline history.
Fast Facts About Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines is the national flag carrier airline of Turkey.
- It was founded in 1933 and is one of the oldest airlines in the world.
- It operates flights to more than 300 destinations worldwide, making it the airline that flies to more countries than any other airline.
- Turkish Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance network since April 2008.
- The airline's main hub is at Istanbul Airport, with secondary hubs at Ankara Esenboğa Airport and İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport.
- Turkish Airlines offers both domestic and international flights, covering Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas.
- It is known for its high-quality service and has won several "Best Airline in Europe" awards.
- Turkish Airlines offers a frequent flyer program called "Miles&Smiles" which allows passengers to earn and redeem miles on all Star Alliance member airlines.
- Turkish Airlines' in-flight entertainment system offers a wide range of movies, music, games, and other entertainment options.