Why is SBI branch set up in Air CArgo Complex
May I know the purpose of SBI being setup in Menzies [more]Brahmayya 12/13/2019
Is Vietnam Dong available at airport
Availability of Vietnam Dong in Bengaluru airportAnkita 11/04/2019
Can we buy foreign currency using cashA R Alagawadi 12/15/2018
purchase of Euros against Indian Rupees from Indian tourist to Germany
Is it possible to get few Euros in Bangalore KIA, for [more]S Sivaraman 05/10/2018
BKIA, covering over 4,000 acres, is located 4 km south of Devanahalli village, and 40 km from the central business district of the city of Bengaluru - reached by the new Hebbal - Kempegowda Expressway, a 20 minute drive.
With a very long and recently renovated runway, and 22.2M passengers in 2016, BKIA is hub to Blue Dart Aviation, Kingfisher Airlines and Deccan Aviation, and is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
During its first 8 years in operation, BKIA has served 100 million passengers!
On-Airport hotels: The new Day Hotel, located at domestic departure check-in area of Terminal 1, level 2, includes 20 rooms in single, double, family & twin share categories. They offer high-speed internet, work desk, tv, shower. Massage, shower & freshly prepared food) are available. Tel. +91 90 6678 4833; e-mail [email protected])
Kempegowda Airport's terminal complex includes one integrated passenger terminal (T1) and a separate Hajj terminal which can handle up to 600 pilgrims. Terminal 1 (opened in 2008) was recently undergoing considerable expansion work.
- For real-time airport information, including flight updates, call 1800 425 4425; for feedback & compliments call +91 888 499 8888.
- Automated e-Gates at domestic pre-boarding security check areas open automatically upon passenger's presentation of 2D barcoded paper or mobile boarding pass. Thereafter passengers may head to security check hold area.
- International arrivals need to have completed their immigration form prior to arriving at the immigration counter. For domestic transfer, proceed thereafter to Level 1 for domestic pre-embarkation secuirty check and then head for your boarding gate. At least 30 minutes are needed to get from entry gate to counters, then on to & through Immigration, proceeding to Security Hall Area and on to gates. BKIA offers Visa-on-Arrival for 11 visa-waiver countries.
- Mothers with infants, mobility-impaired passengers, PIO & OCI card holders and SAARC nationals have designated counters for speedy processing.
- BIAL (the Airport operator) vowed to enhance cooperation in various areas of airport operations, including security, passenger experience, cargo, airport development, consulting and training.
Terminal 1 of BKIA has four levels and is fully air conditioned. It serves both domestic and international operations. During its ongoing expansion work, four temporary walkways provide safe access with proper signs & additional staff guiding you. Upon completion of the project, T1 will have a new look and will also be able to handle large aircraft. Note that the Information counter in the Arrivals Hall is open 24/7 and can answer all passenger inquiries. While the expanded area (T1A) officially opened December 2013, further expansion work will continue until 2015. The new Day Hotel (see details at 'On-Airport Hotel' above) is on level 2 at domestic departures.
The Ground level is the Arrivals Level - divided into an International & Domestic check-in Hall to the left -and - Domestic and International Arrivals with domestic area to the right; past the baggage carousels are the red channel (domestic) and green Channel (international) areas. The green channel houses International Arrivals, Duty-Free, Crossword & a cafe. The Arrivals hall has an information counter in the center. Outside of the security Ground level are several food & drink concessions, including Subway., as well as currency exchange.
The First level is the Departures level - upon entry, it leads to (a) domestic departures (left) wish domestic security check, concessions, and domestic departure hall; or (b) to International Departures (right) - which houses 7 emigration checks, customs and international security check leading to concessions, including duty-free, and thereafter to International Departures Hall.
The Gate areas: All gates 1 - 20 are arranged in a continuous line from west to east, divided into Domestic Departures with gates 1 - 7, with Swing gates 8-11in the center, and International departures gates 12-17 & 19 & 20.
At the right end of level 1 are international arrivals gates 17-20 leading down to six international arrivals Immigration checks, the baggage claim, customs & hand baggage check. If connecting to another international flight: go down the escalator and walk around the rest rooms back to International transfer and gates.
- Domestic departure lounges are provided by Air India, Jet Aways & Kingfisher Airlines;
- International departure lounges include Kingfisher, Oberoi and Leela lounges.
- Plaza Premium Lounges: Pay-in lounges are at both at international (near gate 17) & domestic (near gate 2) departures.
- The Airport VIP lounge on level 1 caters to departing domestic & international VIPs - making sure they have a smooth transit from arrival to boarding.
Terminal 1 expansion:
- Upon completion, most of the following facilities have, or will have, doubled or nearly doubled in size: Terminal area, check-in counters, CUSS, Emigration & Immigration counters, domestic & international security checks; airbridges, & baggage claim belts. Already new check-in counters are in place and the new Airport Operations Control Center is fully operational.
- Kempegowda Airport is using the new e-Gate System.
- An 'Interactive Voice Response System' enables passengers to get current information (in English, Hindi & Kannada) via this system by dialing the toll-free number 1-800-425-4425.
Present future future Airport developments involves current Terminal 1 and future Terminal 2: T1's expansion work is to double its size to accommodate the expected 17 million passengers a year for this terminal. New T2 is in the designing stage. T1 will continue its expansion during new T2's first phase of construction, to be completed by 2021 (reaching a 20M passenger capacity) - while phase 2 is to include new T2. Together, T1 & T2 will have a capacity of 55M passengers annually. Phase 2 of construction also includes a second runway, parallel taxiway, two cross-field taxiways linking the new runway with current north Present and T2 apron, and the widening of present runway.