The Airport is located 2 km northeast of Billund - accessible via Route 30 from Highway Exit 57 west of Horsens and just north of the Airport.
With 3.1 million passengers in 2016, and a long runway, Billund Airport is served by regular and low-cost airlines offering direct & connecting flights to a multitude of European cities, as well as to Iceland. Seasonal flights are available by charters to popular vacation venues.
The on-Arport 'Zleep Hotel Billund' is a 5-minute walk from the terminal, with 24/7 checking in. If arriving by car, use the airport parking facilities. A shuttle runs between hoel, terminal and carpark. (Hotel tel. 70 23 5635)
The passenger terminal at Billund Airport has three levels:
Level 1 Arrivals/Departure/ checkin:
- The westside houses the Arrivals area with Customs clearance,currency exchange, cash machine, Moms VAT, ATM, Tourist information desk, rental car counters, access to cafe & kiosk and exit to transportation.
- The eastside houses at the entrance self-service check-in kiosks for check-in rows B/A & DC (with British Airways/Sun Air & Turkish Airline counters) - leading to security check and departure hall with access to the gates.
Level 2 is the airline gate level - housing the Departure Hall with Tax & Duty-Free shops, Danish Design, bookstore, LEGO shop, Valuta Exchange, WH Smith, and access to gates 1 - 16 (east to west)
Level 3 houses a dinig area, and the award-winning the King Amlet Lounge, Business Lounge, the Meeting & Conference Center on level 3 offers seven rooms for up to 60 persons, including a VIP room. For more information call +45 76 50 5450 / Fax: 5458).
Amenities & Services inside the passenger terminal: For WiFi network SSID use access code FREEinternetBLL. Global Exchange Denmark, tel. +45 73 35 4440 is available at: Departures, next to Lagkaehuset; at Arrivals, next to baggage claim belts, and at check-in opposite of the check-in desks. Other services include:
Cash machine, check-in counters and self-service kiosks, currency exchange, rental car desk, internet hot spots, 5 food & drink options, baggage storage, mail box, nursing room, parking payment point, travel agencies, viewing platform. The terminal offers a large selection of goods in the tax-free store, and last-minute gift shopping at the gift shops. The 'Billund Store' offers travel essentials, local & international newspapers, magazines, books, confectionery, drinks, tobacco, & souvenirs.
NOTE: Fast Track service is available to certain passengers of these airlines:
- Lufthansa in C-class, or with HON, SEN or Star Gold status;
- KLM in C-Class or with Sky Priority;
- Air France in C-class or with Sky Priority;
- British Airways in B, H or Y class, or with Silver or Gold status;
- SAS in C-class or with EuroBonus Pandion, or Gold or Star Gold status.