Burbank Airport BUR
Legally and formerly marketed as Bob Hope Airport, Hollywood Burbank Airport is a public commercial airport. It is located 3 miles (4.8 km) northwest of downtown Burbank, in Los Angeles County, California, United States.
BUR Airport is owned by the Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority and controlled by the governments of those cities. It covers an area 555 acres (224 ha), and has two asphalt runways.
Airport Stats & Facts
- In 2019, Hollywood Burbank Airport served more than 5 million passengers.
- BUR is the nearest airport to Hollywood, Disney, downtown Los Angeles, the Movie Studios, and other famous attractions.
- For 2017–2021, The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems categorized it as a medium-hub primary commercial service facility.
Airport Traveling Tips
- To ensure a smooth check-in process, you should pack carry-on luggage in a suitable manner, have photo ID ready, and read all the airline guidelines properly prior to arriving at the airport.
- Before visiting the airport for a flight, please have a look at Burbank Airport Map here.
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- For picking up or dropping-off passengers at the terminal, remember that no waiting is allowed at the curb. If the traveler isn’t already at the curb, you can park in the Airport’s Short Term Parking.
- Also, you can wait for passengers in the Terminal A and Terminal B Baggage Claim areas, after parking in the short-term parking.
- The Arrival flight status lists the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Burbank Airport.
- Under Departing flight status, you can find the scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at BUR here.
Burbank Airport has two terminals - A and B, joined together as part of the same building.
This Terminal has nine gates numbered A1 to A9.
Terminal B has five gates numbered B1 to B5.
To see the terminal locations, and for more information, please refer to the BUR Terminal Map.
Burbank Airport serves various airlines including American Eagle, Spirit Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, American Airlines, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at BUR Airport here.
Passengers may park in Lots E and G, and the short term parking structure.
$3 - Up to 30 minutes
$5 - Up to 1 hour
$13 - Up to 2 hours
$32 - Max. Daily Rate
Passengers can park in any of the Airport’s self-park lots including long-term parking lots without a parking ticket by using the new ticketless parking option.
From rental cars to limos to buses, and more, passengers have a variety of ground transportation options after arriving at BUR airport. Additionally, many passengers also opt for ride services such as Taxis, Uber, etc.
The Hollywood Burbank Airport rental car location can be found in the Consolidated Rental Car Facilities of the Regional Intermodal Transportation Center (RITC).
Buses & Trains
Buses and Trains are an economical and convenient option to travel from BUR. Metro Bus and BurbankBus stop in the bus turn-around area on the ground level of the RITC. Metrolink trains currently serve the Burbank Airport-South Train Station, located on Empire Avenue, on the Ventura County Line, as well as the Burbank Airport-North Train Station.
The pick-up points for the Airport parking lot shuttles, off-Airport parking shuttles, and courtesy shuttles are located on the ground transportation islands in front of the Terminal.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, Burbank Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: 2627 N. Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505, USA
Phone: (818) 840 8840
Burbank Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- From 1930-1934, the airport was named United Airport.
- In March 1939, sixteen airline departures a day were scheduled out of Burbank.
- In 1967, Lockheed renamed the facility Hollywood-Burbank Airport.
- In 1970, Continental Airlines began Boeing 727-200 flights to Portland and Seattle via San Jose and also flew the short hop to Ontario.
- From 1978-2003, The airport got its fifth name, Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport.
- On November 6, 2003, the airport authority voted to change the name to Bob Hope Airport.
- In November 2007, it was decided that a new $8-million to $10-million baggage screening facility for Terminal B is legal.
- On June 27, 2014, a $112 million Regional Transportation Center was opened.
- In 2017, the airport was rebranded as Hollywood Burbank Airport.
Q: Is Hollywood Burbank Airport the same as BUR?
A: Yes. While the official name is Hollywood Burbank Airport, it is also referred to by its IATA code BUR.
Q: What cities can I fly from BUR?
A: You can fly to many cities from BUR Airport. Please have a look at our direct flights page here, to see where you can fly.
Q: Where do I report for lost and found items at Hollywood Burbank Airport?
A: To find a missing item at the airport, refer to the lost and found page here.
Q: Can I sleep at Hollywood Burbank Airport?
A: The airport remains open 24 hours a day and passengers are permitted to sleep inside the airport, and they can also stay inside overnight. We also recommend these awesome BUR layover ideas.
Do you exchange foreign currency coinsGalaxcina 03/27/2018
Just Plane News
Do you have hoodie sweatshirts for women, size small [more]mc 12/16/2014
LOST SD Memory Card
32G SD card with lots of important files! Lost on Dec 30.lmerklin 01/28/2014
Arrival for departure
How long shold I give myself after arriving to the airport?Steve 10/19/2011