Where’s United Airline lounge in the CPH airport?Theresa Yesterday
i AM ARRIVING ON ba816 FROM LHR AND CONNECTING TO SK1 [more]Elliot M Block 05/17/2019
Bus to Aarhus
Where would get a bus to take directly to Aarhus?Db 04/30/2019
Very Tight Connection
I have a very tight connection of only 30 minutes bet [more]Sharon 04/26/2019
Copenhagen Airport celebrates its 90th birthday in 2015.
CPH Airport is located in the municipality of Tarnby on the island of Amager - 8 km southeast of the city center of Copenhagen, and accessible from motorway E20 (Oresundmotorvejen), using the 'Lufthavn' exit. It takes only 12 minutes by high-speed trains from Terminal 3's railway platform to get to the City's Central Station, or 20 minutes to Malmoe, Sweden.
With three long runways and serving about 29M passengers in 2016, Copenhagen Airport is one of three main hubs for SAS Airlines and also hub for Cimber Sterling, Norwegian Air Shuttle & Thomas Cook Scandinavia, and is served by a host of other airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The on-Airport 'Clarion hotel Copenhagen Airport' (formerly known as 'Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel') completed its reburbishment work, adding extensive upgrades to rooms, restaurant, conference facilities & lobby.
Checking in at the Metro station 'Lufthavnen': At the end of Terminal 3 are self-service kiosks for all major airlines' check-in, printout of boarding cards and baggage tags.
Copenhagen Airport now has an integrated passenger terminal (T2) - divided into three sections. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open ‘Ground Transportation: /Buses & Trains.
Present and future Airport developments: In order to accommodate 40M passengers a year in the future, the Airport embarked in 2016 on a phased expansion project - 'merging' terminals and separating arriving/ departing passengers in a more efficient way: To create more space, the exit from baggage reclaim was moved - allowing arriving passengers to be closer to taxis & buses; the crumbling granite floor was replaced. Also completed was merging the terminals by a 2,300 sq.feet expansion with added security lanes. The newly extended Pier C now accommodates the large Airbus A380 (seating 500 passengers).
- Pier B extension may still be ongoing.
- The Arrivals area offers natural light & high ceilings and an expanded, light & airy shopping area offers a casual Danish atmosphere.
- By Fall 2017, construction starts on the T3 extension project (adding 160,000 sq.feet) - to be completed by summer 2018 - when the overhead walkway project can start - linking the metro rail station with T3's security area.
- Also by Fall 2017, T2 will start its expansion just before the security checkpoint to house new food & drink options, including the North's first Pret A Manger, and healthy food alternatives on-the-go.
- By 2018/19, the of the current baggage handling system extension should be completed - involving major modification of the reclaim area and creation of new technical facilities and new access roads for the staff. It is to provide longer baggage conveyors and passenger space. Tentative completion is 2018/19.