Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Dallas airport is a single one-story building that houses all the terminal gates of the airport. In total, there are 20 terminal gates at the DAL airport which can be accessed via a centralized security checkpoint.
The main terminal of the DAL airport houses the flight check-in area on the right and the baggage hall on the left. The flight check-in area comprises both indoor and curbside check-in while the baggage hall consists of baggage claim and baggage claim pickup.
Other services and amenities located throughout the terminal include AEDs, ATMs, a dog relief area, information booths, a smoking area, and a water refill station.
To get better oriented, see the Dallas Airport Main Terminal Map (DAL Map). More information about amenities and security can be found below.
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL) Terminals
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around DAL airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include Fly Bar, Texas Monthly News, and Hudson News Stand in the presecurity area; Fair Park Texas, Ink Bookstore, Cantina Laredo, and Spectacles in the post-security area.
The security checkpoint at DAL airport is monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond the security checkpoint which provides access to the concourses and airplane gates. TSA services include a designated PreCheck lane for TSA Precheck customers and CLEAR self-service kiosks.
The hours and wait times estimates for the security checkpoint can be found on the Dallas Airport Security Wait Times Page.
International Arrivals & Transfers
All international arrivals are catered to by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. There are only 10 passengers at a time that can get customs clearance. Each international passenger is also required to pay an Arrivals / Landing fee.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport
- When traveling with pets or other animals, please note that:
- Service animals are limited to small ponies and dogs as mandated under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- For comfort or emotional support providing animals, please review the Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA)
- Please use the animal service areas and clean up animal waste behind you, otherwise, you will be subjected to a fine charged by the DAL airport
- In case of lost items, please note:
- Call (214) 670-4227 for lost items anywhere at the airport
- The office can be found on the second level of the terminal near the sky bridge for garage A/B
- Lost items are kept safe by TSA
- All unclaimed items for a period of 30 days are donated to United Way