GJT Airport is on Walker Field Drive - 6 km northeast of the central business district of Grand Junction (named after the junction of the Grand & Gunnison rivers), and is close to Interstate Hwy 70, exit 31 Horizon Drive.
With two runways and 450K passengers in 2016, Grand Junction Regional Airport is served by major airlines offering flights to some major U.S. hubs, with connections around the world.
It is recommended that you arrive at the Airport 90 minutes - and at the gate no later than 20 minutes - before scheduled flight departure.
The passenger terminal at Grand Junction Regional Airport consists of two levels:
The first level houses the lobby, baggage claim area with two carrousels, an arcade, and rental car counters.
The second level houses the boarding area with food service and security check, leading to vending machines and gift shop, exiting hold room - leading via the connector to the two gates right & left of the waiting area. Passenger pick-up / drop-off is in front of the terminal, however unattended vehicles will be towed.
Current airlines serving the terminal offer flights to Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Salt Lake City:.
Allegiant - tel. 1-702-505-8888,
American - tel. 1-800-433-7300,
Delta - tel. 1-800-221-1212,
United - tel. 1-800-864-8331.
Present and future Airport developments: The Capital Improvement plan 2017-2031 calls for the following Airport projects to be completed:
- During 2017: Phase 2 of runway design; Tunnel & Jet Bridge, Terminal renovation & rehabilitation.
- During 2018: RTR Site Work (RA), realignment of 27 2/4 Road, and Taxiway A's east & west ends rehabilitation.
- During 2019, Rehabilitate West Commercial Apron
- During 2020: New Runway work (phase 1 of 3)
- During 2021: Continue 11/29 runway rehab; and rehab on Taxiway A and RW 4/22.