It is recommended that you arrive 75 minutes before your scheduled departure for a domestic flight, and 2 hours before an international flight. Passengers need to be checked in under 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure, as ticket counters close at that time.
Allegiant Air recommends arriving at the airport at least two hours prior to scheduled departure.
With 858,982 passengers in 2016, Hector Airport is served by major airlines offering direct flights to a number of U.S. hubs, with connections worldwide.
NOTE: For domestic flights, arrive 75 mins piror to scheduled departure; for international flight 2 hours. Ticket counters close 30-40 mins prior to departure - you need to b at the departure gate at least 30 minutes before scheduled flight; aircraf doors close about 10 mins before. HOWEVER, Allegiant passengers should arrive two hours prior to scheduled departure & need to be checked in 45 before, which is when Allegiant's ticket counter closes.
The passenger terminal at Hector International Airport opens at 4am and closes 30 minutes after the last flight arrival. Departure gates include five remote gates and three close departure gates. The Terminal has undergone major construction in the past years, and concessions were recently renovated. The ground level houses to the right airline ticket counters and to the left baggage carousels 1, 2 & 3, rental car & information desks. Elevator/escalator take you to level 2, which offers food & drink & a gift shop, leading in the center to security check and airline gates 1 - 5.
Amenities and services inside the terminal include small work stations throughout the terminal with free internet access & 120V power connections. Recently the four restrooms doubled in size, CBM Foods expanded its food & drink offerings and the Lounge area near gate 4 was expanded, while a snack bar was added near gate 1.
- The Airport Information Center is staffed by volunteers;
- Automated information is available at 701-241-8168.
- For US Customs service call 701-241-8124.
- For lost items visit the Airport Adminisration Office next to the gift shop, or e-mail with detailed description firstname.lastname@example.org - or call 701-241-1501.
- While rental car counters are inside the terminal near the baggage claim, a separate Rental Car Facility is near the parking entrance with two rental car lots - one adjacent to it, and one west of the terminal.
Current airlines currently serving the Airport, with destinations to Atlanta*, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles*, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Orlando-Sanford*, Phoenix-Mesa & Tampa/St. Petersburg*. (* seasonal only.)
Allegiant - tel. 702-505-8888
American - tel. 800-433-7300
Delta - tel. 800-221-1212
(Frontier is to start service by May 15, 2018)
United - tel. 800-864-8331.
Regional Public Transportation from Hector International Airport: To get to the bus or train station, you will need a taxi: (Doyle's Yellow Checker Cab, tel. (701) 235-5535; Fargo Metro Taxi (701) 799-8645.)
- By Bus: Jefferson Bus Lines 800-451-5333 or visit www.jeffersonlines.com.
- By Train: Amtrak (visit www.amtrak.com.)
Can I rent a luggage cart at hector airportCathy 08/29/2018