do all delta flights use terminal C or D. if we have [more]MH 12/09/2017
flight DL3470 is delayed from syr to lga. only 15 MI [more]PAV 12/09/2017
time to get from security
how long does it take to go from security on level C [more]nb 12/09/2017
Help me with this flight
So i will be arriving on a delta flight for a layover [more]CC 11/26/2017
While LaGuardia Airport has long been considered as one of the worst U.S. Airports, it may be noted that serious steps have now been taken to remedy this situation - see 'Future Airport Developments' below.
LGA Airport is only eight miles from midtown Manhattan, accessible directly from Grand Central Parkway (the extension of I-278). Located in the Borough of Queens, City of New York, it borders on the areas of Astoria, Jackson Heights & East Elmhurst.
NOTE: Motorists traveling westbound on Grand Central Parkway (GCP) to LaGuardian: Access to Terminal B and 94th Street is no longer available westbound Exit 7 (see: www.laguardiaairort.com/news/gcp-exit-to-lgs/
With 29.8M passengers in 2016, LaGuardia Airport is served by many airlines offering nonstop daily flights to numerous destinations in the U.S. and Canada, as well as by seasonal flights to Aruba, the Bahamas and Bermuda (as these destinations offer US Border preclearance on return flights).
- JetBlue now offers six daily weekday flights to Boston BOS, with two Saturday and three on Sunday roundtrips. Envoy Air will reopen its LaGuardia base in early 2017.
La Guardia Airport has four passenger terminals: TA through TD. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.
Future Delta Terminal update:
- The western half of ongoing construction includes roadways. By 2018 the first new gates are to be completed by 2018 - with total completion scheduled for 2021.
- The eastern half of construction: The Port Authority signed a new long-term lease with Delta; tgroundbreaking took place August 9, 2017 for Delta's $3.4 billion new facility, which is to include new concourses and ramps, new electrical substation, expansion of East Garage and temporary parking during construction, and new roadway and more supporting infrastructure.
Current Airlines, their telephone number, and Terminal & Concourses:
- Air Canada, tel. 888-247-2262; at TB, Conc. A
- Alaska, tel. 800-252-7522; at TB, Conc. C (as of 8/27/17 Virgin America uses Alaska's check-in stations and gates.)
- American, tel. 800-433-7300; at TB, Conc. C & D; and at TC
- American Shuttle; tel. 800-433-7300; at TC
- Delta Air Lines; tel. 800-221-1212; at TA, TC, TD
- Delta Connection; tel. 800-325-5205; at TC
- Delta Shuttle Boston; tel. 800-325-5205; at TC
- Delta Shuttle to Chicago & Washington; tel. 800-325-5205; at TA
- Envoy; tel. 800-433-7300; at TB, Conc. C
- Frontier; tel. 801-401-9000; at TB, Conc. C
- JetBlue; tel. 800-538-2583 (from Dominican Rep. 1-200-9898); at TB, Conc. A
- Southwest; tel. 800-435-9792; at TB, Conc. B
- Spirit; tel. 801-401-2222; at TB, Conc. B
- United; tel. 800-241-6522; at TB, Conc. A & C
- Virgin America; tel. 877-359-8474; as of 8/27/17, passengers use Alaska Airlines' check-in stations and gates
- WestJet; tel. 888-837-8538; at TD
- As the Airport is under construction it is highly recommended that passengers arrive at the Airport two hours prior to scheduled flight departure - allowing time for check-in, getting boarding pass, and going through security check (including screening of carry-on bags).
- New pick-up location for Uber and other 'For Hire' drivers are no longer in front of the terminal - instead a shuttle bus will take passeners to a centralized spot - thereby reducing airport traffic.
Future Airport developments: New Airport operator 'LaGuardia Gateway Partners' will finance, design, construct, operate and maintain the Airport's Terminal B facility. The US$4B project is to unify the terminal structure by demolishing the existing Terminal B and replacing it with a larger structure (with more natural light and two pedestrian bridges to cut down on gate delays), and a new Central Hall - later to be joined with Delta's terminals C & D (to be redeveloped and linked to new arrivals & departures halls) - resulting in the elimination of current gate delays and airplane congestion.
- Phase 1 Work started June 2016 and is tentatively to be completed by second half of 2018. (Note that passenger parking will now require shuttle buses, as parking facilities are being moved further away).
- Phase 2 Work started early August 2017 on a new Delta terminal with 4 concourses and 37 gates (33 with access to dual taxi lanes), intended to replace current terminals C & D. It is to house a centralized check-in lobby, security checkpoint, and baggage claim. The terminal is to house a larger Delta Sky Club lounge with a Sky Deck, wider concourses, larger gate holdrooms, more seating and concessions space and will offer direct access to parking garage, have improved roadways, drop-off/pick-up areas, and a curbside check-in bypass connecting directly to security checkpoint. Flexibly-seized gates will accommodate all types of aircraft. The 4 concourses are to be connected by a central check-in lobby, to security checkpoint and baggage claim area.
- Ongoing reconstruction work on the former TWA Flight Center - turning it into a 505-room hotel.
- Upon total project completion by 2022, the unified terminal is to be 600 feet closer to Grand Central Pkwy, have 240 percent more space for runways & flight operations, and offer three times a many security gates and pedestrian bridges to gates.
Flushing, NY 11369
Phone: (718) 533 3400