Food Options at LGA Airport
Travelers of New York, rejoice! No longer do you have to choke down a sad sandwich from a bodega or an overpriced meal from an around-the-way cafe. LaGuardia Airport, one of the busiest airports in the country, has finally stepped up its food game with some delicious new food options. From fast-casual to sit-down restaurants, there’s something for everyone at these 15 eateries. For locations see the LGA airport map.
1. Calexico: This trendy Mexican spot is a favorite among New Yorkers, and for good reason. The food is fresh and flavorful, and the lines move quickly so you can get back to your gate in no time.
2. Shake Shack: No list of new LaGuardia eateries would be complete without Shake Shack, the iconic burger chain that started in New York City. The Shack Burger is a must-try, and the shakes are pretty darn good too.
3. Chick-fil-A: LaGuardia is now home to one of only two Chick-fil-A locations in New York City, so you know it’s good. The fried chicken sandwiches are delicious, and the waffle fries are some of the best in the business.
Shopping, Dining & Amenities
Whether you’re in a rush or have time to browse the food and shopping options that La Guardia Airport has to offer, you’ll probably find something that works for you. Airport restaurants allow travelers the convenience of sit-down table service, and many offer take-away meals to bring on board. If you’re looking for some reading material, a gift idea, or simply a cold beverage, you may find those within a small convenience store. Find the right available options for your visit to LGA Airport here, where you can locate stores, bars, cafes, or eateries, available before or after security checkpoints, and know what their daily hours of operation are.
Have a question about La Guardia Airport?
4. Five Guys: Another burger chain, Five Guys is a great option if you’re looking for something a little heartier than Shake Shack. The burgers are big and juicy, and you can customize them with any toppings you like.
5. Bowery Road: This sit-down restaurant from famed chef Mario Batali is a great choice if you have some extra time before your flight. The menu features classic Italian dishes like spaghetti and meatballs, as well as more unique fare like octopus salad.
6. Kinship: Kinship is an upscale American restaurant from a Michelin-starred restaurant. LaGuardia Airport (LGA) has gone through a massive $8 billion renovation in the past few years, and part of that included a serious upgrade to the dining options. From grab-and-go spots to sit-down restaurants, there are now plenty of great places to eat at LGA.
7. Root & Bone: This Southern-style restaurant is a great choice if you’re looking for something hearty and filling. The menu features all sorts of comfort food classics, like fried chicken and biscuits, shrimp and grits, and pulled pork.
8. Lobster Place: If you’re in the mood for seafood, Lobster Place is the place to go. The menu features fresh-caught seafood from the nearby Fulton Fish Market, and you can get it cooked any way you like.
9. Arepas Grill: Arepas are a type of Venezuelan cornbread, and at Arepas Grill they’re filled with all sorts of delicious things. The menu features a variety of arepas, as well as other Venezuelan staples like empanadas and cachapas.
10. La Chula: This is the only spot on our list that’s not in the main terminal, but it’s worth the extra walk. La Chula is a Mexican cantina, and the menu features all sorts of traditional dishes like tacos, enchiladas, and tamales.
11. Tacono: Another Mexican spot, Tacono is a great choice if you’re looking for something quick and tasty. The menu features tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and other Mexican staples, all of which can be made with your choice of meat or vegetables.
12. Figs by Todd English: This fast-casual spot from celebrity chef Todd English is a great choice if you’re looking for a quick bite. The menu features a variety of pizzas, pasta, and salads, all of which are made with fresh, high-quality ingredients.
13. Fresh Bites by Marcus Samuelsson: This grab-and-go spot from famed chef Marcus Samuelsson is a great choice if you’re looking for something healthy. The menu features a variety of salads, sandwiches, and wraps, all of which are made with fresh, seasonal ingredients.
14. Juice Press: If you’re looking for a healthy option, Juice Press is the place to go. The menu features a variety of juices, smoothies, and healthy snacks, all of which are made with fresh, organic ingredients.
15. Starbucks: No list of airport dining options would be complete without Starbucks, the ubiquitous coffee chain. You can find Starbucks locations all over the world, and at LGA they’re no different. If you need your coffee fix, Starbucks is the place to go.
Speaking of coffee, you might need one after such a delightful meal and luckily there are plenty of great places to get your caffeine fix at LGA. In addition to Starbucks, there are also locations of Caffe Bene, Dunkin’ Donuts, and La Colombe. If you’re looking for something a little different, there’s also Blue Bottle Coffee, which specializes in pour-over coffee.
If you’re craving a great meal before your flight, LaGuardia Airport has plenty of options to choose from. From burgers and pizza to tacos and burritos, you can find something to satisfy any appetite at LGA. And if you need a caffeine fix, there are plenty of locations to give you some energy. So whatever you’re in the mood for, you can find it at LaGuardia Airport. Have a lovely flight!