China Airlines to Southwest
I’ll arrive with a China Airlines international fligh [more]Frank Ma 01/03/2020
southwest to American terminal
How do I get from my Southwest flight to American terminalcjd 12/15/2019
Website/ link to current LAX conditions
Is there a website or link / messaging with current L [more]Irene 11/24/2019
Where can a print a document?
I have a tight connection on a subsequent flight (fro [more]Sharon C 11/12/2019
Los Angeles Airport Overview
Los Angeles International Airport LAX is California's largest - and the Country's third largest Airport, serving the City of Los Angeles and its surrounding counties, and functioning as a major intercontinental transfer hub. While the Airport is open 24/7, airline check-in counters and security checkpoints open between 4am-5am and close 11:30pm-2:30am, Pacific time, depending on each terminal's flight schedules.
- For TTY - call California Relay Service at 1-800 735-2929.
Los Angeles Airport Facts & Stats
LAX Airport is located about fifteen miles southwest of downtown Los Angeles, in southern California, and is accessible via State Hwy 1, and Interstate Hwys. 405 & 105. To check on Airport conditions you can tune in to Air Radio 530.
With four runways and 80.9 million passengers annually, Los Angeles International Airport is served by a multitude of domestic and international airlines offering flights across the U.S. and around the world, particularly long-haul flights to/from Asia, Australia and Latin America.
- Message Boards at entrances and at parts of the Central Terminal Area CTA will inform drivers of congestion on one level with advice to use the other level. Traffic & Police motorcycle units will be at hand to educate drivers about Cell Phone Waiting Lots. For real-time airport traffic of the Airport Police Twitter site use @LAAirportPD. (Davidson Drive access to LAX in both directions between Alverstone Av. & Sky Way has been closed permanently.)
- Currently Shuttles and buses are assigned to a single level. Hotel shuttles and Los Angeles airport shuttle A use lower arrivals level roads only. Private parking shuttles and Lot C buses use upper departure level roads only (check which level is right for your pickup). Use either (a) the low-cost FlyAway non-stop bus from Union Station, Van Nuys & Westwood; or (b) the Metro Rail Green Line. (Transport options & details are listed separately at this site). Rideshare UberPOOL & Lyft pick up/drop off on upper level roads only.
- If dropping off a passenger, use the Cell Phone Waiting Lot at 96th Street /Vicksburg Av. (free for 2 hrs; stay with your car until your party calls to be picked up at the curb). For transport options refer to 'Transportation /Buses & Trains'
- If possible, avoid rush hour times 5-9am to schedule your flight. Best time for flight for morning departures is 9-11am & 2-7pm and best days are Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
Nearly 50 hotel/motels are located right on-Airport property - The Tom Bradley terminal offers free phone boards in the baggage area, connecting to hotels/motels, many of which offer free shuttle services located on the isles in front of each terminal, marked Red (color).
Los Angeles International Airport has 9 passenger terminals within the 'Central Terminal Complex' (CTC) - currently served by a U-shaped two-level roadway. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
Airport Recent News
- New terminal design with open & expanded views of flight operations outside; modernized concourse with redesigned waiting areas and larger restrooms; 24 new retail and dining concepts, including 3 new full-service restaurants - fully automated checked-baggage inspection and sorting system - new passenger boarding bridges - more charging stations. Construction will continue on to 2023.
- Delta is planning to modernize and connect Terminals 2 & 3 to the Tom Bradley International Terminal 'over the next 7 years' - a $1.9B project.
1 World Way
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: (310) 646 5252 /fax 9207