Transportation from Los Angeles International Airport: Only authorized taxis with an official LADT seal are permitted in the airport. For information on city bus services, pick up the phone on the Information Display Board in the baggage claim area of each terminal, or call the METRO at 323-466-3876. To get to Union Station in L.A. for train connections - use either the FlyAway Bus or the Metro Express.
NOTE: As ground transportation vehicles are shifted from time to time during the lengthy construction period, it is advisable to check with : www.laxishappening.com/getting-around-ground-transportation.aspx.
Ride-share companies Uber (UberPOOL) & Lyft (Lyft Line) are authorized to pick up passengers. Currently pickup/ dropoff is on the upper level roads only.
Shuttles, scheduled regional buses, and long-distance vans & buses are available on lower/ arrivals level islands in front of each terminal under the 'LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign): Green signs are for 'FlyAway Buses & Long Distance Vans: (For local transit information call 323-466-3876).
- for Terminal to terminal connection, use the A Route;
- to get to the Metro Bus Center with connections to LA area, take the C Route, whose shuttle stop is on the upper/ Departures level with a sign: 'Shuttle Zone - Private Parking Lots.
- to Metro Green Line Aviation Station, take the G route.
Shared-Ride Vans - Prime Time Shuttle and SuperShuttle - operate out of LAX and are authorized to serve all Southern California counties, and pick up passengers on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the orange sign 'Shared Ride Vans'.
LAX FlyAway Buses: The FlyAway bus stop at Union Station returned to its original location on the Patsaouras Bus Plaza (following completion of Metro’s major rehabilitation work to the plaza)
- Its Union Station stop for the FlyAway bus to LAX Airport will operate on its regular schedule: every 30 mins -9:30a.m.-12:30 a.m.; hourly between 1 a.m. to 5 a.m.; and every 20 minutes between 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on weekdays; weekends every 30 minutes from 5:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. and hourly between 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. The nonstop bus service to/from LAX costs $9 one way. Two children age five and under may ride free with each paying adult. Parking in the Union Station garage is $8 per day, with a 30-day limit.
- Also, the FlyAway bus offers direct service to LAX from 5 other locations across LA County: Hollywood, Long Beach, Metro Orange Line (San Fernando Valley), Van Nuys, and Westwood.
- For more information on the new pick-up/drop-off facility and updated maps, visit https://www.metro.net/riding/bus-plaza-closure/for more information.
-For complete FlyAway schedules, maps, and fare schedules, please visit http://www.lawa.org/FlyAway.
- For Fly-Away traffic impacts visit Twitter at https//mobile.twitter.com/@flyLAXairport.
The Metropolitan Express serves downtown L.A. and Union Station, about 19 miles northeast of LAX.
Other Bus Connections: (most of these buses can be picked up at the Met Bus Center in Parking Lot C)
- Culver City Bus - tel. 310-253-6510 (visit: www.culvercity.org/Government/Transpotation/bus.aspx - click on their excellent Route Map)
- Santa Monica Big Blue Bus - tel. weekdays 310-451-54444; sat TDD 310-395-6024 (visit: www.bigbluebus.com)
- Torrance Transit from Union Station - tel. 30-618/6266 /fax 6229 (visit: www.torranceca.gov/92.htm).
- Airport Bus to (a) Pasadena - 28 miles NE of LAX; to (b) Anaheim ( Disneyland), 32 miles SE of LAX; and (c) to Buena Park, 28 miles SE of LAX.
- Airport Bus of Bakersfield - to Bakersfield, a two hours' drive north of Los Angeles.
- Antelope Valley Airport Express - to Newhall, Palmdale and Lancaster in the Antelope Valley, with Lancaster (the furthest location) about 75 miles north of LAX.
- Santa Barbara Airbus - to Santa Barbara, plus nearby Goleta and Carpinteria. The drive to these areas (located northwest of LAX, along the sea coast) from the airport usually takes 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Ventura County Airporter - to Ventura and Oxnard, on the sea coast about one hour to one hour and a half northwest of LAX.
Helpful Tips & Resources
- Want to know the best way to get to your destination when leaving the airport? There are taxi services curbside, or you can use airport shuttle vans, or you can even pick up a rental car.
- Are you a frequent flyer or traveling in business or first class? Then check out where the airline lounges are located.
- Pull up the terminal map to see all the food, bars, cafes, and shopping options located throughout the terminals.
- For those passengers wishing to find a prayer facility, check for location and hours here.
- Should the need arise, the airport is equipped to handle special-needs persons, and also small medical emergencies that may arise.