Muscat Airport is located near the town of Seeb, and is 32 km west of Muscat, Oman's captial city. It is directly accessible from the main Sultan Qaboos Hwy (to the right) which runs between Muscat & Seeb.
With long parallel runways, Muscat International had 12 million passengers in 2016. MCT is hub for Oman Air, and is served by many international airlines.
Muscat International has currently one passenger terminal. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open: ‘Ground Transportation /Buses & Trains.
- While the Transfer Area is left of the immigration hall, the transfer is well sign-posted. Proceed to level 1. If boardin cards were not issued at point of origin, collect your boading card there. Transfer passengers will be screened at security check and their hand baggage x-rayed. Thereafter passengers may proceed to the duty-free shopping area, or go directly to their departure gate.
Muscat Airport has two ground handlers: Swissport Internatinal and Oman Air / Menzies Aviation.
An Airside Hotel wth 90 rooms will be part of the new Terminal (outlined below)*.
Current & future Airport developments:
- As of September 1, 2017, no round or irregular-shaped baggage is accepted.
- Swissport Oman provides Flydubai and Air Arabia with passenger and ramp handling, baggage services, and coordinates operations and load conrol for 10 daily regional flights.
- A new 'Muscat Primeclass Lounge' is available to TAV Passport members, Primeclass Lounge Card holders and to passengers of contracted airlines. With private rooms, spa center & special shopping area, the 33,000 sq.foot lounge seats 550 passengers.
* NEW TERMINAL: Readiness trials for 'smooth running' have started in August 2017, and it is hoped that Terminal opening will be by year-end 2017. The new Terminal is to cover 580,000 sq.meters, have 96 check-in counters, 29 boarding bridges, 30 aircraft remote stands, 10 baggage clam belts, 2 parallel runways able to handle large aircraft, a baggage procesing capacity of 5,500 bags per hour - and a new control tower.
and have a new control tower.
- Terminal expansion is to continue thereafter to reach 48M passenger capacity - done in four phases. Once completed, the current terminal will be relegated to serve low-cost carriers.