Hello, Are the handicap accessible toilets at EWR sin [more]helpme 4 hr ago
FLL To Munich
From FLl We are scheduled to arrive in Newark at 4:49 [more]Demet Yesterday
lost and found
I lost my phone on a plane last week going to Liberia [more]Brett Sabo Yesterday
Ideal layover length for international connection
Flying Delta AUS>EWR, then Norwegian EWR>Rome d [more]LJ Yesterday
EWR Airport is located within city limits of Newark & Elizabeth, and is only 16 miles from midtown Manhattan - situated near the New Jersey Turnpike (Exits 13A & 14), Routes 1 & 9, and I-78. The 'Airtrain Newark' serves all terminals and parking facilities P1 through P4, and continues on to the Newark Liberty Airport Station - connecting there to other trains and subways in New Jersey & New York City.
With three long runways, and 40.4M passengers in 2016, Newark Liberty International is hub to United Airlines, and is served by all of the major U.S. and numerous international airlines, offering nonstop and connecting flights around the country and the world.
- TSA urges passengers to arrive for domestic flights 2 hours, for international flights 3 hours prior to scheduled departures.
- Recent TSA checkpoint improvements: The new 19-lane securiy checkpoint at TC now has 17 lanes with a new system - automatig the bins used by passengers to deposit their belongings - to be retrieved after each use and sent back to the front of the line - reducing bottlenecks. Passengers pull bins from underneath the conveyor belt and pack their items in a partitioned section of the belt. The remaining two lanes with standard sreening are for oversized items.
- All terminals have new roadway access (the roadway approach splits into Levels 1 & 2/3, which splits again into separate roadways for specific airlines) and new terminal level designations: Levels 1, 2 and 'All Gates'.
- Uniform signs & new roadway approaches:
- yellow signs point to airline gates, ticketing and flight services;
- green signs point to ground transportation, and
- black signs point to restrooms, telephones and other amenities.
The on-Airport Marriott Hotel (Tel: 1-973-623-0006), offers spacious facilities and conference rooms with WiFi access. Shuttle vans transport guests from terminals to the hotel. The hotel is presently undergoing upgrade and expansion work.
Newark Liberty Airport has three passenger terminals - TA, TB & TC. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.
Current Airlines, Codes, telephone numbers, Terminals (TA, TB, TC) & check-in /arrivals levels:
Aer Lingus EL (tel. 516-6222-4222) at TB, level 2 check-in & arrivals
Air Canada AC (tel. 888) 247-2262) at TA: level 3 check-in; level 2 arrivals
Air China CA (tel. 800) 882-8122) at TB: level 3 check-in and arrivals
Air India AI (tel. 212) 751-6200) at TB: level 3 check-in and arrivals
Alaska Airlines AS (tel. 800 426-0333) at TA: level 3 check-in & arrivals
Allegiant G4 (tel. 702-505-8888) at TB: level 2 check-in and arrivals.
American Airlines AA (tel. 800) 433-7300) at TA: level 3 check-in, level 2 arrivals
Austrian Airlines OS (tel. 800 843-0002) at TB: level 3 check-in, level 2 arrivals
British Airways BA (tel. 800-247-9297) at TB: level 1 check-in and arrivals
Cathay Pacific CX ( tel. 800 233-2742) at TB: level 3 check-in and arrivals
Delta DL (tel. 800 221-1212 (dom); 800 241-4141 (int'l) at TB: level 2 check-in; level 1 arrivals
El Al LY (tel. 800 223-6700, 212 768-9200) at TB: level 3 check-in; level 1 arrivals
Elite 7Q (tel. 877-393-2510) at TB: level 3 check-in & arrivals
Emirates EK (tel. 800-777-3999) at TB: level 3 check-in and arrivals
Ethiopian ET (tel. 800 445-2733) at TB: level 3 check-in & arrivals
Icelandair FI (tel. 800) 223-5500) at TB: level 2 check-in & arrivals
JetBlue B6 (tel. 800 538-2583) at TA: level 3 check-in; level 2 arrivals
La Compagnie B0 (tel. 800 218-8187) at TB: level 3 check-in; level 2 arrivals
Lot Polish LO (tel. 212-789-0970) at TB, level 3 check-in & arrivals
Lufthansa LH (tel. 800 645-3880) at TB: level 3 check-in, level 1 arrivals
Norwegian D8 (tel. 800-357-4159) at TB: level 2 check-in & arrivals
OpenSkies EC (tel. 866 581-3596) at TB: level 1 check-in & arrivals
Porter Airlines PD (tel. 888 619-8622) at TB: level 3 check-in, level 1 arrivals
SAS SK (tel. 800 221-2350) at TB: level 3 check-in; level 1 arrivals
Southwest WN (tel. 800 435-9792) at TA: level 3 check-in; level 2 arrivals
Spirit NK (tel. 801-401-2222) at TB: level 1 check-in; & arrivals
Swiss LX (tel. 877 359-7947) at TB: level 3 check-in, level 1 arrivals
TAP Portugal TP (tel. 800 221-7370) at TB: level 3 check-in, level 1 arrivals
United /United Express UA (tel. 800 241-6522): see below *
Virgin America VX (tel. 877 359-8474) at TA: level 3 check-in, level 2 arrivals
Virgin Atlantic VS (tel. 800 862-8621) at TB: level 2 check-in; level 1 arrivals.
WOW Air WW (tel. 888-209-3170) at TB: level 2 check-in and arrivals
* United / United Express UA: All of United's transcontinental flights use EWR. United's Premier Access check-in is on Level 3. United Global Services members and customers traveling in United Global First should go to Level 3, Door 4 and take the escalator to the C-2 checkpoint for check-in.
- United Airlines UA: (a) Departures are in TC, check-in levels 2 & 3; (b) Arrivals are at TB for int'l flights, at TC for both int'l & dom. flights; Arrivals level 1 is for both TB & TC flights.
- United Express UA: (a) Departures are in TA, check-in level 3, and TC, check-in levels 2 & 3; (b) its Arrivals are at TA, level 2, and at TC, level 1.
Present & Future Airport Developments: United Airlines' Terminal C upgrades to check-in area and rest of TC have been completed.
While groundbreaking on the new Terminal A took place on June 15, 2017, work will initially start on three roadway bridges connecting current central terminal area to the new terminal. Thereafter construction on the new terminal will begin:
- Construction on a 'new 3-level Terminal A to replace the aging current TA is to be built in a T configuration with 33 new domestic gates & intended to operate as a common-use facility - including a ticketing lobby, equipped with the latest check-in options, providing efficient passenger processing /movement. Baggage processing & screening are to be consolidated. The terminal will have new departures & arrivals roadways, a 3,000-space parking garage with pedestrian bridge to the Terminal to be linked to the Air Train. The new Terminal A, with 33 airline gates, its own parking garage, and able to handle 13.6M passengers annually, is scheduled to open in phases up to 2020, with total completion by 2022.
- The AirTrain system is under repair and thereby should extend its life until 2030 (while a new replacement is being sought).
Newark, NJ 07114
Phone: (973) 961 6000