from spirit airline to united , how far is it ?Jl 09/20/2018
Dfw to MCO to Manchester
Arriving to MCO on American Airlines and need to chec [more]CT 09/08/2018
Is There A Fee For Handicap Parking. For Passenger Pick UpDave 08/15/2018
Terminal A to B
I will arrive SW terminal A - family arrives half hou [more]Sue 08/13/2018
MCO Airport is about nine miles southeast of dowtown Orlando (central Florida), located at the junction of SR 436 (Semoran Blvd.) and SR 528 (the Bee Line/Beach Line Expressway), and is accessible by Interstate Hwy 4.
In Dec. 2016 J.D. Power declared Orlando International as number 4 among North American large airports - in terms of terminal facilities, airport accessibility, security checkpoints, baggage claims, check-in and food, beverage & retail - and in Sept. 2017 it ranked MCO highest in passenger satisfaction among airports in its passenger count category.
With four long runways and 41.9 million passengers in 2016, Orlando International Airport is hub to AirTran Airways and is served by countless domestic and international, regular & low-cost airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Frontier Airlines announced in July 2017 that it will launch service to 8 new cities: Bufffalo NY; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Cancun, Mex., Grand Rapids, Mich.; Knoxille, Tenn.; Oklahoma City, San Antoniio, Tex; and Tulsa, Okla.
Southwest Airlines is committed to increase its California service by Spring 2018 with three nonstop routes to Oakland OAK, Saturdays starting April 14, 2018; San Jose & Sacramento, with daily service starting May 6, 2018
While MCO raised its international arrivas from 1.49M in 2009 to 2.83M in 2016 (an 89 percent increase - to be even higher for 2017) - its Federal Customs & Border Protection (CBP) staff who screen passengers has not increased since 2009 due to a shortage on staff - partly due to lack of wage increases. It is reported that at peak times passengers were stuck on their planes for up to one hour due to CBP congestion. To counter the problem, CBP recently added 39 self-service kiosks for international passengers, and other technology, to speed up passenger flow through customs. A push for more funds ,to be ok'd by Congress, is currently ongoing.
Orlando Airport post-Irma Hurricane status as of Sept. 12, 2017:
- Delta had the first in- and out-bound scheduled flights, followed by most major carriers, including 28 international flights.
- While Heintzelman Blvd. is open, traffic signal is still out
- Main Terminal: open; concessions in operation
- all 4 Airside terminals are open to receive aircraft
- TSA security checkpoint is open and staffed
- Customs and Federal Inspection stations receive international passenger processing.
- 3 runways are open.
- Parking garages are open with limited spaces; Remote lots & their shuttles are in operation.
- JetBjue offers flight to Cuba's Havana HAV Airport.
- Frontier offers flights to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Silver is a TSA Precheck participant. Passengers using it three times a year or more, may want to take advantage of this (it eliminates removal of shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts or light jacket ).
- CLEAR lanes is available to members, getting you through security quickly.
- MPCs (Mobil Passport Control) self-service kiosk technology at MCO speed up the international arrivals process.
- SITA's Queue Analyzer provides real-time view of TSA east & west checkpoints' waiting time - via display screens, website & mobile applications.
- Frontier, a low-cost airline serving Orlando Airport with nonstop flights to major US airports, added service to 42 smaller US airports.
- The South Airport Automated People Mover (APM) system started operation in Summer 2017.
- USA Today named 'Cask & Larder' one of the best airport dining spots in North America.
The on-Airport 443-room Hyatt Regency Hotel with 446 rooms (tel. 407-825-1234) is on top the Main Terminal, offering covention & meeting rooms, AAA-rated restaurant.
Orlando International Airport has currently one passenger terminal connected to four airside satellites. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the deailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
- Ongoing Phase I construction on a new airside world-class domestic & international terminal is to be tentatively completed by 2020 - increasing Airport passengers capacity by 10M annually. The new terminal is to cover 2.7M sq.feet, have 16 gates for narrow, jumbo & super jumbo aircraft, and will be equipped with a baggage handling tote system and a six-level parking garage with 5,000 spaces.
- Phase II is to add 11 intermodal gates, increasing international processing to 3,000 per hour.
- Once fully completed, the South Terminal will have twice the size of the North Terminal, acommodating over 40M passengers a year, and bring up total Airport capacity to 70M.
Note: By 2017/18 The 'All Aboard Florida' train service between Miami & West Palm Beach is to be completed, whereupon the final stretch to Orlando will begin. The Orlando station will be part of the Intermodal Transport Center, adjacent to Orlando International Airport.
- By 2018 - a new 13.8 mile elevated Maglev rail system is to be in place between Orlando Airport & Orlando city, with stops at Florida Mall, Orange County Convention Center, & possibly SunRail station. The 15-minute journey to the Convention Center would cost $20.
Orlando, FL 32827
Phone: (407) 825 2001