Can we park in the new terminal
Can we park in the new parking garage and take the t [more]Sandy 07/05/2019
How to get from MCO to melbourne
please tell me what ground transportation to use to g [more]neil 06/18/2019
Arrive Jet Blue arriving 2:26 on June 11 / departing [more]LYNN 05/28/2019
Are there safety boxes in the Orlando airport? My fri [more]VPETE 04/24/2019
Orlando International Airport Overview
Serving the Florida County of Orange and the City of Orlando, MCO is operated by the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. It is one of the world's busiest airports and gateway to Disney World, Universal Studios, Epcot Center, Kennedy Space Center, as well as to numerous convention-ready hotels.
Orlando Airport Facts & Stats
MCO Airport is about nine miles southeast of downtown Orlando, located at the junction of SR 436 (Semoran Blvd.) and SR 528 (the Bee Line/Beach Line Expressway), and is accessible by Interstate Hwy 4.
With four long runways and over 42 million passengers annually, Orlando International Airport is hub to AirTran Airways and is served by countless domestic and international, regular & low-cost airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- The on-Airport 443-room Hyatt Regency Hotel with 446 rooms (tel. 407-825-1234) is on top of the Main Terminal, offering convention & meeting rooms, AAA-rated restaurant.
Orlando International Airport has currently one passenger terminal connected to four airside satellites. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
Recent Airport News
The $1.8B South Terminal Project (STP)'s Phase 1 construction started April 2017, with associated apron or taxiway, covering 300 acres, including land- & airside buildings, airfield, ground transport & a centralized 6-level garage & utility works. STP is to become operational by 2019, while the entire project, covering a 2.7M sq.foot area, will be spread over a 25-year period.
- Ongoing Phase I construction on a new airside world-class domestic & international terminal is to be tentatively completed by 2020 - increasing Airport passengers capacity by 10M annually. The new terminal is to cover 2.7M sq.feet, has 16 gates for narrow, jumbo & super jumbo aircraft, and will be equipped with a baggage handling tote system and a six-level parking garage with 5,000 spaces.
- Phase II is to add 11 intermodal gates, increasing international processing to 3,000 per hour.
- Once fully completed, the South Terminal will have twice the size of the North Terminal, accommodating over 40M passengers a year, and bring up total Airport capacity to 70M.
Note: By 2017/18 The 'All Aboard Florida' train service between Miami & West Palm Beach is to be completed, whereupon the final stretch to Orlando will begin. The Orlando station will be part of the Intermodal Transport Center, adjacent to Orlando International Airport.
- By 2018 - a new 13.8 mile elevated Maglev rail system is to be in place between Orlando Airport & Orlando city, with stops at Florida Mall, Orange County Convention Center, & possibly SunRail station. The 15-minute journey to the Convention Center would cost $20.
OneJeff Fuqua Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32827
Phone: (407) 825 2001