Orlando International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the nation. This public airport is centrally located 6 miles (10 km) Southeast of Downtown Orlando, Florida.
With its proximity to the gorgeous beaches, MCO airport is the top choice for both international and domestic travelers. It is a big international gateway for the Mid-Florida area with about 850 flights per day on 44 airlines.
Airport Stats and Facts
- MCO airport handle 50 million passengers every year
- It is the 11th busiest airport in the USA
- On average, 126,743 passengers travel to the air per day
- 2019 statistics reveal that Orlando Airport generated more than $41 billion of indirect and direct economic activity annually for Central Florida
Airport Traveling Tips
- Orlando Florida airport peak time is 8 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- Avoid packing TSA restricted items
- Allow enough time to pass through airport security screening
- For the domestic airline, arrive at least two hours ahead of your flight and three hours before for international.
- Go through MCO Airport map before heading out.
- Bring real identification and one of the following documents: travel agency itinerary, electronic ticket receipt/itinerary, Airline itinerary card, a paper ticket boarding document for same-day travel.
- Take into account TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
Passenger Pickup and Dropoff:
Due to federal rules, meeting travelers at the gate is not allowed in Orlando Airport. Picking at the Level 2 outside A and B side of the terminal is permitted.
Private vehicles may drop passengers at the curbside check-in on Level 3 on either A and B side of the terminal.
Here are the best places to meet your dear one:
- In restaurants or bars in the Main Terminal
- Under the Flight Information Display Boards
- Baggage claim area
- Baggage Claim Curb (Level 2) (located outside baggage claim)
- In McCoy’s Bar & Grill
- The lobby of the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport
Although dropping off, passengers are allowed curbside outside the terminal; vehicles may not be allowed to perk or wait for a long time. They must park in free cell phone lots. It allows a minimum of 20 minutes time after aircraft arrival.
- For arriving flights: MCO Arriving Flight Status provides arrival times, landing time, delays, and gate details.
- For departing flights: MCO Departing Flight Status shows map tracking, actual vs scheduled departure times, flight delays, and Orlando Airport gate information.
- To get the best prices, book a Flight at MCO.
Orlando Airport consists of two terminals A and B. Each consists of two separate airside concourses. Due to the ongoing construction of the South Terminal complex, North Terminal complex is known as the main terminal.
Between both terminals, there are two security checkpoints to reach airside: West Hall and East Atrium. To see the terminal locations and extra information, refer to the MCO Airport terminal map.
You can get around the primary terminal and airside satellite by AGT elevated train shuttle. The approximate time between terminal A, B and north terminal complex is 68 seconds.
Terminal A - Airside 1 and 2 have 1 - 19 gates and 100 – 129 gates
Terminal B - Airside 3 and 4 have 30 – 59 and 70 to 99 gates
Every terminal has three levels:
Level 1: Baggage Claim and Ground Transportation Area
Level 2: Baggage Claim Area
Level 3: Ticketing level
Orlando MCO is a hub of Silver Airways, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, Spirit Airlines, Southwest Airlines, World Atlantic Airlines, etc.
View the full list of airlines served at MCO Airport.
Short-term and long-term parking: Parking at Orlando Airport is hassle-free. The outer lots (Red and Blue) offer a shuttle to the terminals. It is the most cost-effective on-site parking option at $10 per day.
If you are picking someone up, it’s best to park at South or North Cell phone Lot. The North lot is free, but the South lot has a 2 hour grace time before charging.
Long-term travelers need to leave their vehicle for a long time should look into dropping off at North or South Park Place Lots.
Off-site Parking: There is also plenty of off-site parking near MCO airport that charges less than $10 per day.
Orlando Airport Car Rental: From taxi services to bus to limousines, getting to the MCO airport is easier. There are tons of on-site car rental agencies conveniently located on the A and B side of the terminal at ground transportation level.
Few names include Hertz, Enterprise, Avis, etc. It can also be accessed without shuttles for pick up and drop off. Make sure you ask your hotel if they offer free transportation to and from the OIA airport.
MCO Airport Shuttle: There are also tons of airport shuttle services at OIA. Departing passengers can follow the signs to the shuttle loading areas.
If you have a large party and no requirement for car rental, you can choose this option.
Out-of-town shuttles can also be found on the Ground Transportation Level of Terminal A and B. Many hotels in the region also offer courtesy airport shuttle service.
Buses and Trains: For those heading to and from outside of Orlando and its nearby suburbs, long-distance trains and buses are available.
For an affordable ride, few passengers also use Uber or Lyft to and from Orlando Airport.
Amenities and Services
- Free Wi-Fi in all public areas of the airport
- Restaurants, bars, cafes and grab-and-go food outlets
- Information booths in the central area of the main terminal,
- Children’s play areas
- Free access to a wheelchair for disabled
- Nursing suites (in selected areas)
- Duty-free shopping (Only in Concourses 1 and 4)
- Live entertainment in the main terminal
- Currency exchange and ATMs
- Emergency medical care
- Outlets and power stations
Orlando International Airport is owned and operated by the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA).
Address: 1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd., Orlando, FL 32827
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & Found
General Inquiries: 407-825-2352
Lost and Found: 407-825-2111
Orlando Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Before 1970, Orlando international airport was situated in McCoy Air Force Base and owned by the United States Air Force base.
- In 1974, the airfield shut down, and the area was bought by Orlando city, and commercial chartered flights soon started.
- In 1976, the airport got its international status.
- The North terminal was finished in 1978.
- By the 1990s, more than $500 million had been spent on the expansions, improvements and new runways.
- In 1994, the airport got ‘Airport Are for the People award’ by Airport Interviewing and Research, Inc for its incredible customer service
- In 1995, OIA received ‘Design Arts award’ for Phase II Expansion projects
- In 1996 to 1999, it was ranked as number one airport in North America for great customer satisfaction
- In 2000, it was rated # 1 airport in the US for passenger convenience
- 1n 2004, 31.4 m passengers were recorded, making it the busiest airport in Florida. It was also ranked first in the nation and second in the world behind HK in passenger satisfaction.
- In 2006, MCO was rated as the favorite airport of American travelers.
- In 2008, Forbes named Orlando international airport as the most wired airport. ARN magazine awarded it for best customer service and concessions management.
- 1n 2010, OIA airport broke the international passenger record with about 2 million travelers.
- 1n 2011, the international passenger traffic hit another record with 3.5 million passengers.
- 1n 2018, Orlando international airport recorded the second rank out of 20 in the US. Airport rankings
- In 2019, it was also ranked as the top commercial service airport in Florida
Does united airlines have curbside check in?
Asked by Margo Ann Flad - Thu, 12 May
Yes, United has curbside check-in at this airport.
Hello My flight landed yesterday at 4pm and two of my bags were missing. I was wondering if there’s any way to see if they appeared.
Asked by Jacob reinhold - Thu, 12 May
Please contact your airline directly for lost luggage. Best of luck!
Baggage claim for Delta
Asked by Twyla Rosenwinkel - Wed, 6 April
Baggage Claim for both terminals are located on Level 2.
Do I need to show a negative COVID-9 Test before I can fly?
Asked by Helen Waterworth - Tue, 5 April
A negative COVID test is not required before you fly anywhere domestically. If you are flying international, check any rules that the country you are flying to has for travel.
Is there a designated area where Lyft/Uber drivers do pickup?
Asked by Marcia - Sat, 26 February
Yes - all Ride Share drivers may pick-up passengers at Terminals A & B, at the ends of the Arrivals curb on Level 2.
Where is the Covid testing?
Asked by Patricia Whitfield - Sat, 26 February
The Covid Testing LLC clinic is located off the Main Terminal's North Walk, directly across from the SunTrust Bank, and offers both rapid RT-PCR and rapid-result antigen testing and is available daily from 8:00 am-8:00 pm.
Does the airport have a smoking area?
Asked by Lily - Wed, 23 February
This airport is smoke-free indoors and the use of e-cigarettes is not allowed indoors. But outside terminal 9 you can find the designated smoking areas.
Where is the clear application site located?
Asked by robert hoffman - Fri, 18 February
Where is baggage claim for American Airlines located?
Asked by Gail St Pierre - Mon, 14 February
At both levels 1 and 2 baggage claim for American airlines is available.
How early can we arrive at the airport prior to our departure and check-in and check our luggage. For instance, we will be arriving to the airport from a cruise terminal (probably late morning) and our flight is 2:45p. What is the earliest we are permitted to check-in? Thank you.
Asked by Sharon - Sat, 5 February
This depends on your airline, however, the industry standard is 4 hours before flight departure. Please check directly with the airline you are flying on to get specific baggage check in times.
In which Terminal is Virgin Atlantic Ticket counter?
Asked by Dan Dall - Wed, 2 February
Virgin Atlantic is served by the International terminal (Maynard). There you will find the ticketing counter, as well as luggage check-in.
What Terminal does Frontier Airlines use?
Asked by Elise - Sun, 30 January
You can find Frontier Airlines at Terminal A.
Is the currency exchange still open? What is phone number?
Asked by Glenn Behr - Fri, 21 January
Currency exchanges in most US airports have been closed. Companies providing these services shut down during the pandemic, it is unknown if/when these services will be available.
Where is Frontier Airlines bag check in?
Asked by Maryann - Fri, 21 January
I lost a pair of Apple AirPods while waiting for my flight. Who do I need to contact?
Asked by marvin sims - Tue, 4 January
You can call (407) 825-2001 to contact Lost and Found. Good luck!
What activity(ies) can I do if I am laid over for 6 hours in the airport with kids?
Asked by jennifer - Mon, 3 January
6 hours is not quite enough time to do some of the activities listed on Orlando Airport Layover Ideas, however, the airport has a lot of interesting shops especially for kids (e.g. Harry Potter). You can also go to the outside pool deck at the Hyatt Regency Hotel and have a drink/watch planes.
What is the Delta Airlines baggage claim phone number?
Asked by mike hallock - Fri, 31 December
We are assuming your luggage did not arrive at the airport. if so, you should call Delta at 800-325-8224 to report it.
I am going to be meeting someone flying in by Frontier. I am getting dropped off by someone while they wait in the car. Where can that person wait while I meet the arriving person from the Frontier flight and how do we get back and forth?
Asked by Michael E Burton - Wed, 22 December
Locations of the lots:
North Cell Phone Lot: 8730 Jeff Fuqua Blvd. North
South Cell Phone Lot: 10546 Jeff Fuqua Blvd.
Spirit Airlines Baggage Claim
Asked by Joe Roudi - Mon, 20 December
Spirit Airlines operates out of Terminal B. Terminal B's Baggage Claim is located on Level 1.
Do you have a post office onsite?
Asked by Anastasia Sexton - Thu, 2 December
What is the name and number of the hotel in the airport?
Asked by Elsie - Fri, 19 November
The Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport is located inside the airport. Their number is 1-407-825-1234.
Are there restaurants accessible before or after security?
Asked by Tim C - Thu, 18 November
The food court is in the main terminal, before security. That said, there are many more options throughout the airport, post-security.
Hello we are flying into Orlando airport on Saturday 12th of NovemberOur flight from St. Louis is supposed to arrive at 9:30 in our flight going to Montego Bay Jamaica is supposed to leave at 10:30 can you tell me if we would be in the same terminal Airside a for the plane change change
Asked by Annie - Mon, 8 November
Thanks for reaching out to us. We suggest that you confirm with your airline regarding the gate number that you will be arriving in and the gate that you will be departing from. In case of any irregularities, we also suggest that you confirm this information the day before and the day of your arrival for more accurate information.
What are the average ATM Fees?
Asked by Sally - Tue, 2 November
I am picking up two people on Monday. One arrives on JetBlue and the other on Spirt. It appears there are 'two' terminals. Will they exit to be picked up at two different places?
Asked by Robert Schiffner - Tue, 2 November
How do I make an appointment to get Clear?
Asked by JUDITH BOCK - Sun, 31 October
Where is the cell phone lot?
Asked by Gary - Thu, 28 October
Spirit is recommending arriving 3 hours early tomorrow morning, does that sound reasonable?
Asked by Phil - Wed, 27 October
How long should I expect the walk from gate 56 to the Global Entry Office which is near the Lost & Found?
Asked by Steven Berger - Tue, 19 October
With the recent vaccine mandate, has it effected TSA wait times? How long will it take at 8 tonight?
Asked by Gary L Bachanov - Mon, 18 October
What terminal does Spirit Air use?
Asked by CHERYL DUBOIS - Sun, 17 October
How long when walking to get from Terminal B ground transportation to Terminal A ground transportation?
Asked by Francine C - Fri, 15 October
Where is Goport bus terminal at Orlando Airport?
Asked by Carl Dean Monroe III - Sat, 9 October
is there a duty free at the airport? If so where is it?
Asked by Todd Slanker - Thu, 7 October
Yes, it is after security, it is called 3Sixty Duty Free. One is located at Gates 70-99 and another at Gates 20-29.
Can you drive from terminal a level 2 to terminal b, level 2? Need to pick up 2 different people at baggage claim, 1 at terminal a and one at terminal b.
Asked by Norah Berchtold - Wed, 6 October
Is Frontier Airlines gate in Airside 3?
Asked by Larry - Mon, 4 October
How do I get from Terminal A to Terminal B (walking)?
Asked by Glenn - Sat, 2 October