With 1.3M passengers in 2016, Queen Beatrix Airport is served by many international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe, and by seasonal charters.
- Instead of using either a passport or boarding pass, passengers proceed through all airport control points with their identities checked by looking at facial recognition cameras.
- U.S.-bound passengers may now take advantage of the new APC kiosks (automated passport control) for speedier customs control - available to U.S. passport & green-card holders, to Canadian passport holders, and to passengers from a visa-waiver country.
- Preclearance automats are also available to travelers between Aruba & The Netherlands
The terminal complex - with separate buildings arranged under one roof - offers food & drink and retail concessions, duty-free, & lost & found. WiFy access is free.
The ground level is for both check-in & arrivals. It houses check-in facilities for US bound and non-US bound passengers, and a walkway to the concession area. The immigration arrivals area has recently been renovated. It now offers a new terrazzo floor, transition ramp to baggage claim, new inspection booths, e-organized e-gates and local at. This level also has F&B Vending machines and telephone card machines. After passing the security checkpoint, escalators take you up to the first level.
The first level is the departure level. It houses a meditation room, F&B vending machine, gift & magazine shop, A VIP lounge for non-US bound passengers, and an American Airlines VIP lounge at gates 2 & 7, and has access to the gate area with gates 1 - 8. A Meditation room is at gate 2.
- ATM cash machines: CMB bank ATM machine is near the non-US check-in area, and RBC ATMs are in the Main Concession area. A drive-through ATM machine of RBC is is outside of the Non-US check-in area.
- For passenger pickup/ dropoff, you may use the loading zone in front of the terminal for quick discharge of passenger & luggage.
- The Parking lot is within walking distance of the terminal complex. Fees must be paid in Aruban Florins.
- Rental Car agencies are located in the small buildings across from the arrivals terminal - clearly marked.
Oranjestad, Aruba, Dutch Caribbean,
Phone: (297) 524 2424 /fax 583 4229
I left my kindle in the back of the seat in row 21b a [more]Lesley kesselma 12/13/2018
At 1st checkpoint leaving Aruba my luggage was opened [more]mtgd 07/15/2011