Is there plastic wrap for luggage
Need answer to aboveKA 03/18/2018
Prepaid Sim Card for Cell Phone
Is there a Possibility to buy a Prepaid Sim Card at S [more]YinonHalperin 03/11/2018
Easyjet to Wizzair connection
Is 2 hours 35 minutes enough time to transfer from an [more]Maureen 02/16/2018
Sofia Airport is located 5km west of the city center of the capital city of Sofia, in western Bulgaria.
With a 3,600 meter runway and about 4 million passengers in 2016, and by October 10, 2017 it reached the 5 million mark. Sofia Airport is hub to BH Air, Bulgaria Air, Ryanair & Wizz Air, and is served by international regular and low-cost airlines as well as charters, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- It is advisable that passengers arrive at the Airport 'no later than 2 hours prior to scheduled flight. On arrival, check-in and head to the security checkpoint.
- When departing, check in, go through security passport check, arrive at lounges & shops, proceed to your gate area.
- When arriving, go through passport control, pick up your bags, and/or visit lounges & shops, and catch your taxi or bus outside.
Sofia Airport has two passenger terminals - T1 & T2 - served by a free shuttle bus which departs every 30 minutes 7am-7pm; thereafter, request transfers at the informaton desk. Pay-in Lounges are available in both terminals - see below.
Terminal 1 of Sofia Airport mainly serves domestic, low-cost and charter airlines. It has been thoroughly renovated and offers easy access and efficient services. Ticket desks for low-cost airlines (EasyJet, Sky Europe, GermanWings) are open 9am-7pm (tel. (02) 937-2399). Rental cars desks are located in the Arrivals Hall.
Rental car counters for major agencies are located in the arrivals area of Terminal 1.
Terminal 2 of Sofia Airport - serving international airlines - resembles a spaceship. It has four levels below and two levels above its ground level. The central area of T2 has a 200-meter pier and seven air bridges, 38 check-in desks, and 12 elevators and 7 escalators offer access all levels. WiFi free hot spot zone is available in the public lounges. It houses large commercial area with rental car desks, banking and foreign exchange services, restaurants, cafes & bars, as well as shops and duty-free shops (Bulgaria is an EU member). Terminal 2's Gallery was recently extended.
- Level 0 (ground level of T2) is the Arrivals & check-in level, with passport control, baggage claim & carts, arrivals & wellcome hall, check-in Hall with ticket counters, restaurant, VIP corridor & entrance to VIP lounge Preslav (tel. +359 2 937 3553); and outside bus stops.
- Level 1 is the Departures level and houses airline offices, duty-free shop, food & drink,customs & passport control, departures area & departures lounge and access to the gates. Lounge 'PLiska' is at post-security (tel. +359 2 937 3552.)
- Level 2 houses a restaurant, kitchens, airport office and terrace.
Pay-in Lounges available at Terminals 1 & 2:
- Sofia Lounge at Terminals 1, level 2, west side can be reached after passport control (signs lead tolounge entrance). It includs working desks for PCs & printer around the window area, with free WiFi, TV, newspapers, and a children's play area. Open 4am-10pm daily.
- Preslave Lounge at Terminal 2, ground level 0 is a modern and comfortable lounge seating 40 passengers -- reached after passport control by escalator/ elevator. It includes a business center (computer, copier, printer & fax machine). Open according to flight schedule. Tel: +359 2 937-3553.
- Lounge Pliska at Terminal 2, upper level +1 with 40 seats can be reached after passport control - signs will guide you to the right, where the lounge entrance is only a few meters away. It has computers available and nearby ae duty-free and other shops. Open 8am-10pm. Tel.: +359 2 937 3552.
Other services and amenities inside the terminals: Aside from food & drink, newsstands & souvenir shops, both terminals have tax-free stores, as well as SA Buy/Bye Shops. Parking options at Sofia Airport include the parking lot across from terminal 1 and the parking garage which connect to pre-security areas of T2. Both facilities can be used for short- or long-term parking.