SVG Airport is located in the municipality of Sola, and is 11 km southwest of Stavanger. (If time allows, you may want to visit the Flyhisorisk Museum in Sola.)
With 4.1 million passengers in 2016, and two long runways, Stavanger Airport offers many daily flights to Oslo, a number of other domestic destinations, and a host of international flights to European cities with connections around the globe. Seasonal Charter flights serve popular tourist destinations.
As of mid-2017, Stavanger Airport has become a 'magnet for Aussies' (Australians) who venture into visiting the dramatic fjords of Pulpit Rock, Trolltunga and Kjeragbolten.
The new on-Airport Rica Airport Hotel Stavanger (tel. +47 51 71 6400) is within walking distance of the terminal, with 188 rooms and 10 meeting rooms (Contact: tel. +47 51 716469 - or e-mail email@example.com).
Stavanger Airport has one passenger terminal - open 24/7. Amenities and services inside the terminal include: Free internet access (for 2 hrs), food and drink establishments, a duty-free shop, a book shop, a kiosk and a 7-11 convenience store.
- Sparebank1 'Minibank' automats of Sparebank1 SR-Bank are on level 1, next to security check (tel. +47 519 15340 /41).
- ATM cash machines are also available.
- Rental car agencies maintain desks on the ground floor.
- The ‘Sola Conference Center’, available for rent by the hour or day, is on the 2d floor and offers 8 rooms for 2 – 30 conference attendants, is fully equipped and offers technical support. (Tel: +47.45.26.002.42).
- Lost/Found: If you lost an item onboard your airplane, contact your airline. The Avinor service center handles Lost & found items and stores them for 3 months. Call the Service center at 67 03 1000 / fax 1002.
Present & future Airport developments: The Airport's operator Avinor - is upgrading the Airport 'with a focus on immediately improving key public facing areas, including duty-free' . The project will be done in phases - to be completed by 2020.