Aegean Airlines Guide
Embark on a journey with us as we explore Aegean Airlines, Greece's largest airline. Our comprehensive guide provides essential information about the airline's history, flight operations, partnerships, baggage policies, and customer service. Whether you're planning your next trip or just curious about air travel, this guide will give you a thorough understanding of Aegean Airlines and its operations. For more information about other major passenger airlines, check out the Airline Guide on iFly.com.
Founded in 1987, Aegean Airlines is headquartered in Athens, Greece and operates an average of 155 flights daily to 153 destinations in 44 countries. The airline's fleet primarily consists of Airbus A320s and A321s, and it has transported over 15 million passengers in a single year. For more details, explore their corporate overview.
Flight Status & Tracking
Stay updated with your Aegean Airlines flight status through their website, mobile app, or airport FID screens. This airline also offers real-time flight tracking using GPS, radar, and satellite communication.
Check Aegean Flight Status to get current departure, arrival, or delay status of any flight, including flight tracker on a map.
Find more help here for your journey through the airport
As Greece's largest airline, Aegean operates a modern fleet of aircraft that flies to destinations across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. The fleet primarily comprises Airbus models, with some Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 aircraft for regional flights. Find out more about their aircraft fleet.
Partners & Alliances
Being a member of the Star Alliance, Aegean offers its passengers access to a wide network of destinations and a host of benefits. The airline also has several codeshare agreements with major carriers and operates a joint venture partnership with Olympic Air. Learn more about these collaborations here.
Learn about Aegean Airlines' hub system, which is crucial to their operations and network. Discover the airline's base of operations in Athens, Greece, and how Athens International Airport serves as a vital hub for both domestic and international flights. Find out about the amenities available at the airport and the secondary hubs in Thessaloniki and Heraklion. Understand the history of Aegean Airlines' hub system and how it allows for efficient connections, seamless transfers, and optimized flight schedules. For more detailed information, visit the gateway hubs page.
Flights & Destinations
Plan your next trip with Aegean Airlines. From the breathtaking landscapes of Greece to the bustling cities of Europe, the airline offers a range of vacation packages and flight options. Check out their flights and destinations to start planning your dream vacation.
For a smooth and hassle-free journey with Aegean Airlines, it's crucial to familiarize yourself with their baggage rules, limits, and fees. The airline has specific regulations for carry-on bags, checked baggage, and non-standard items like sporting equipment or musical instruments. Whether you're a frequent flier, traveling domestically or internationally, understanding these rules will help you pack efficiently and avoid unexpected charges. Stay updated with the most accurate and up-to-date information by checking the baggage info directly on the day you are flying.
Traveling with your pet on Aegean Airlines? Check out their pet policy here for important information on preparations, restrictions, fees, and carrier dimensions.
From its humble beginnings in 1987, Aegean has grown into a major player in the aviation industry, recognized as the "Best Regional Airline in Europe". Today, it operates flights to over 150 destinations in more than 40 countries. Learn more about the airline's journey here.
Quick Facts About Aegean Airlines
- Aegean Airlines is the largest Greek airline by total number of passengers carried, by number of destinations served and by fleet size.
- It was founded in 1987.
- Aegean Airlines is a member of Star Alliance, the world's largest global airline alliance.
- The airline's main hub is Athens International Airport, with secondary hubs at Thessaloniki Airport, Heraklion Airport and Larnaca Airport.
- Aegean Airlines operates scheduled and charter services from Greece and Cyprus to international destinations across Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- The airline's fleet consists of modern Airbus A320, A321, and A319 aircraft.
- Aegean Airlines offers a frequent flyer program called "Miles+Bonus" that allows passengers to earn points and enjoy benefits like extra baggage, seat upgrades, and more.
- The airline offers a range of services for passengers with special needs, including wheelchair assistance and special meals.
- Aegean Airlines was awarded the "Best Regional Airline in Europe" by Skytrax in 2019.
- The airline's in-flight services include complimentary meals and drinks, in-flight entertainment, and free Wi-Fi on selected flights.
Aegean provides a comprehensive range of customer service options. If you need to get in touch, you can find their contact info here.