Embark on a journey of discovery with our comprehensive guide on Lufthansa, Europe's largest airline. From its extensive fleet and global alliances to its flight tracking services and pet policies, this guide provides all the information you need to make your travel planning easier. Let's delve into the world of this leading global airline. For more information on other major airlines, check out the Airline Guide on iFly.
Owned by the Lufthansa Group, this German airline operates an average of 3,000 flights per day, serving millions of passengers annually. For detailed insights about the company, click here.
Flight Status & Tracking
Stay updated with your Lufthansa flight status through their website, mobile app, or airport FID screens. This airline also offers real-time flight tracking using GPS, radar, and satellite communication.
Check Lufthansa Flight Status to get current departure, arrival, or delay status of any flight, including flight tracker on a map.
Find more help here for your journey through the airport
Explore the impressive fleet of more than 300 aircraft, including a mix of narrow-body and wide-body planes from manufacturers like Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, and Embraer here.
Partners & Alliances
A member of the Star Alliance since 1997, the airline collaborates with numerous airlines, car rental companies, hotels, and travel agencies. To delve into the details of these partnerships, click here.
Discover how Lufthansa, Germany's flag carrier, utilizes an efficient hub system to provide seamless travel experiences for its passengers. The airline operates from multiple bases, with Frankfurt and Munich Airports serving as their primary and secondary hubs respectively. These modern, state-of-the-art facilities offer a wide range of domestic, European, and international flights, contributing to Lufthansa's success in the aviation industry. Learn more about the history and strategic importance of these gateway hubs in Lufthansa's global network and operations.
Flights & Destinations
Whether you're planning a vacation or booking a business trip, this article provides valuable insights into flight booking, popular vacation packages, and diverse destinations. All the information you need can be found here.
Are you preparing for a trip with Lufthansa Airlines? Stay ahead by familiarizing yourself with the airline's baggage rules, limits, and fees. This comprehensive guide provides detailed information on carry-on bags, checked baggage, and how to handle extra, oversized, and special items. You'll also find helpful tips for frequent flyers and insights on domestic and international flight baggage policies. Be sure to check for updates directly with Lufthansa before your flight. For more specific details, visit the baggage info page.
Learn about the specific restrictions, fees, and requirements for traveling with pets with Lufthansa. Ensure a smooth journey for your furry friend by checking out this comprehensive guide here.
Discover the rich history of Lufthansa, from its humble beginnings in 1953 to its growth and modernization throughout the decades. For more details about the airline's fascinating journey, explore its comprehensive airline history.
Quick Facts About Lufthansa
- Lufthansa is the largest German airline and, when combined with its subsidiaries, also the largest airline in Europe, in terms of fleet size.
- The airline operates services to 18 domestic destinations and 197 international destinations in 78 countries across Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
- Lufthansa's primary hub is Frankfurt Airport with a secondary hub at Munich Airport.
- Lufthansa is one of the five founding members of Star Alliance, the world's largest airline alliance, formed in 1997.
- The airline offers a frequent flyer program called Miles & More, which is the largest traveler loyalty program in Europe.
- Lufthansa's long-haul fleet includes the Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger airliner.
- The airline is known for its high standard of safety, having not had a fatal accident since 1993.
- Lufthansa offers a variety of in-flight services, including in-flight entertainment, meals, and beverages.
- The airline also offers a premium economy class, providing more space and comfort for passengers.
For all your travel needs, access their customer service and support for various needs including flight information, reservations, lost or damaged luggage, customer relations, and their frequent flyer program, visit the provided contact info.