Southwest Airlines Flight Status Updates
Staying updated on the status of your flight is essential for a smooth travel experience. Whether you are heading out on a business trip or going on a vacation, knowing the latest information about your flight can save you from unnecessary stress and inconvenience.
There are several methods available to access flight status information for Southwest Airlines. One of the easiest ways is through flight status websites. These websites provide real-time updates on flight schedules, delays, and cancellations. Simply enter your flight number or departure and arrival airports to get the latest information.
Another convenient option is using flight status apps. Many airlines, including Southwest Airlines, have their own mobile apps that allow you to check the status of your flight on the go. These apps often provide additional features such as mobile check-in, boarding pass access, and airport maps.
If you prefer to get information directly at the airport, you can rely on Flight Information Display Systems (FIDs). These screens are located throughout the airport terminals and display up-to-date flight information. Look for the FIDs near the check-in counters, departure gates, and arrival areas to find the status of your Southwest Airlines flight.
By staying updated on your flight status, you can avoid unnecessary waiting at the airport and make alternative arrangements in case of any changes or delays. It is always recommended to check the status of your flight before heading to the airport, especially during inclement weather or busy travel seasons.
Learn how to get the status of any Southwest Airlines flight using iFly.com's Flight Status widget below.
Click here to track any Southwest Airlines flight on a map.
How to Check Southwest Airlines Flight Status:
The convenience of being able to quickly and efficiently monitor your flight status is a necessity for air travelers. The Flight Status feature on iFly.com provides you with an easy-to-use, comprehensive tool to keep track of any flight, at any time, from any device. Whether you have the specific flight number, only know the departure and arrival airports, or simply have the airport name, the intuitive design of this tool ensures you'll have the flight's up-to-the-minute status at your fingertips. Follow these straightforward instructions, and transform your travel experience into one of ease and confidence. With iFly.com, it's never been simpler to check the status of any Southwest Airlines flight.
If you have the flight number:
- Locate the "Flight Status" section on the website.
- Enter your flight number into the "Flight #" box. For example, if your flight number is 236, type "236" in the box.
- Ensure that "Southwest Airlines" is selected in the Airline field.
- Click the "Track" button to view your flight's current status.
If you don't know the flight number but know the departure and arrival airports:
- Go to the "Flight Status" section.
- Choose "By Route".
- Enter the departure and arrival airports of the Southwest Airlines flight you wish to check.
- Note: If you select an airport Southwest Airlines does not serve, you will see an error message.
- Check that the date aligns with your flight's date considering your current time zone. Be aware that flights from Europe or Asia might be a day ahead or behind.
- Press "Track" to display the current status of the selected flight.
If you only know the airport:
- In the "Flight Status" section, select "By Airport".
- Pick the appropriate timeframe at the chosen airport.
- Select either "Arrivals" or "Departures".
- Click "Track".
- A list of all Southwest Airlines flights arriving or departing at the selected airport will appear, each with its current status.
Get Status of Popular Southwest Airlines Flights
Southwest Airlines, known for its budget-friendly fares and free checked bags, operates numerous flights daily on popular routes. Some of these routes include the short hop from Los Angeles (LAX) to Las Vegas (LAS), which takes just over an hour, and the cross-country journey from Chicago (MDW) to New York (LGA), which takes about two hours. Here are five of the most popular Southwest Airlines routes: