Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Little Rock Clinton National Airport consists of one main terminal which houses a single airport concourse area.
The two-story building of the airport consists of:
The lower level houses the ticketing and baggage claim areas and is an S-shaped level. On one end of the terminal are the baggage claim carousels 01-05 near which there is a nursing room and restrooms. Carousel 1 is served by Allegiant and Via, carousel 2 by United, 3 by American, 4 by Delta, and 5 by Southwest. There are pickup areas C, D, E, and F in this area. On the other end, there are ticketing counters which consist of restrooms, ATM, information center, and airport lounge. Near this area are the two drop-off areas A and B. Outside there is a pet relief area and smoking area.
The upper level houses the concourse area which consists of the arrival and departure areas 01-12 accessible via a security checkpoint. The services included in this area include customer care, restrooms, ATMs, a nursing room at Gate 3, laptop workstations, and a range of full-service dining and shopping options.
To get better oriented, see the Little Rock Clinton National Airport Main Terminal Map (LIT Map).
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around LIT airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include Starbucks, The Great American Bagel Company, Chili's Bar and Grill, and Hudson News. All are located in the Concourse area.
The security checkpoints at LIT airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Little Rock Clinton National Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- The airport is accessible for visitors with any kind of disabilities
- Keep your identification documents and other items of need in a small carry-on bag
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies
- In case of lost items:
- Call the airport at (501) 375-1509 for lost items inside the parking or airport terminals
- Call TSA at (501) 212-2001 for lost items inside any of the airport parking lots or either of the two-colored buses
- Call your airline for lost items inside the aircraft, departure lounge, or at the ticket counters
- Call 816-243-1390 for lost items inside the rental car shuttle bus