Fairbanks International Airport Map & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
Fairbanks International Airport is located at a 9.5 hour distance of almost all (90 percent) of the industrialized area located towards the north. FAI international is proud to house the international cargo and passenger traffic along with a dynamic market found domestically.
It has a runway of around 11,800 feet, along with facilities and employees for all kinds of domestic and international facilities. The airport also has parking areas for all sizes of airplanes.
The FAI airport operates on a mission of “providing interior Alaska’s gateway to the world while keeping Alaska flying and thriving.”
The terminal building structure at the FAI airport has one main terminal building which houses all airport facilities. It has two main levels.
The First Level houses the baggage claim carousels towards the left and Check-in lobby towards the right. In the centre of the two, there is a greeter lobby. There are rental car counters and luggage carts across the baggage claim carousels. Inside the greeter lobby there is a courtesy phone, pay phones, luggage carts, ATM, and visitor information centre.
The Second Level houses the TSA passenger screening area leading to the terminal gate areas of the airport. These gates are labelled as Gates 1-6. The services and amenities included on this level are a courtesy phone, vending machines, AEDs, pay phones, ATM, and FAI administration offices.
The airport also facilitates lost/found items. For items lost inside the aircraft, you can contact your respective airlines at:
- Air North – 1-800-661-0407 Ext. 778
- Alaska Airlines Exit Site (online only)
- BP ConocoPhillips (Shared Services) – 907-263-3584
- Condor (email only)
- Delta Air Lines Exit Site (online only)
- Ravn Alaska – 907-450-7219
- United Airlines – 1-800-335-2247
For more information, please refer to the FAI Airport Map here.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are various shopping and dining options in the FAI airport. For dining there is Starbucks and The Local @ FAI. For shopping there are ‘TWIGS Alaskan Gifts’.
There is the Military Lounge catering to the military passengers. It can be found on the lower level of the terminal, near the baggage belts.
- For lost/found items:
- Contact your airline for lost items inside the aircraft.
- Contact the FAI airport Lost and Found Department at (907) 474-2501
- You can also send an email to [email protected].
- Passengers are advised to arrive at least 2 hours before their scheduled departure time to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- To ensure a smooth check-in process, passengers should pack carry-on luggage in a suitable manner, have photo ID ready, and read all the airline guidelines properly prior to arriving at the airport.
- No unattended baggage will be allowed inside the terminal building. You must keep your bags with you at all times.