Gerald Ford International Airport Map & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Gerald Ford International airport consists of one main terminal which houses all the terminal gates of the airport.
The main terminal consists of the following facilities:
Level 1 houses the Arrivals Hall with three baggage claim carousels in the center. Check-in facilities for Delta and American airlines are towards the East while those for Allegiant, Southwest, Frontier, and United airlines are towards the West. Next to the check-in counter for Southwest, there are valet parking services available. Exit doors 1-7 lead to ground transportation services. Near baggage claim carousel 1 is an AED, customer services desk, and courtesy phone.
Behind the baggage claim carousels is the Grand Departures Hall which houses a security checkpoint that leads to the two concourses of the airport: Concourse A and B. Services in this area include a nursing area, play area, business lounge, family restrooms, a military welcome center, and vending machines.
Level 2 houses the administration offices of the TSA & Aeronautics, a food court, an observation deck, and the following meeting rooms available for rent: Gerald R. Ford Room, Grand Rapids Room, Golden Eagle Room, Kent Room, and Michigan Room.
To get better oriented, see the Gerald Ford International Airport Terminal Overview Map (GRR Map).
Concourse A houses terminal gates A1-A7 and includes ATMs, restrooms, dining and shopping options, ATM, courtesy phone, a business lounge, and an AED.
To get better oriented, see the Gerald Ford International Airport Terminal Concourse A Map (GRR Map).
Concourse B houses terminal gates B1-B8 and include ATMs, restrooms, dining and shopping options, ATM, courtesy phone, a business lounge, and an AED.
To get better oriented, see the Gerald Ford International Airport Terminal Concourse B Map (GRR Map).
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around GRR airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include The Great American Bagel in Concourse A, MI Tap Room in Concourse B, and Starbucks and Prospect Hill in the Grand Hall pre-security area. Vending machines for benefit cosmetics and best buy are located throughout the two concourses.
The security checkpoints at GRR airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Gerald Ford International Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- There are shuttle services available at the airport connecting concourses and the main terminal
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport
- When traveling with pets or other animals:
- Review the airline policies beforehand
- Use the pet relief areas if required. These are located inside the terminals and at the arrival/baggage claim levels
- All pets are to remain inside the carries in the terminals, except for service animals
- When traveling with kids, nursing rooms, family restrooms, and kids playroom are located throughout the terminal