Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at Juneau International Airport consists of one main terminal which consists of two levels.
Level 1 of the JNU airport houses the check-in facilities, baggage claim carousels, baggage handling services, TSA bag screening, rental car counters, and a TSA lounge. Other services include ATMs, gift shops, and a regional air carrier lobby.
Level 2 of the JNU airport houses the terminal gates along with a greeting area for arriving passengers, airport management offices, and a range of dining options.
To get better oriented, see the Juneau International Airport Terminal Overview Map (JNU Map).
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around JNU airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include Tailwind Concession inside the departure lounge and Tailwind Concession.
The security checkpoints at JNU airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Juneau International Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- There are shuttle services available at the airport connecting concourses and the main terminal
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas inside the airport terminals
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport
- When traveling with pets or other animals:
- Review the airline policies beforehand
- Use the pet relief areas if required. These are located adjacent to the parking lot for rentals
- In case of lost items:
- Call your airline for lost items inside the aircraft, departure lounge, or at the ticket counters
- Call TSA at 907-771-2935 for lost items at the checkpoints