Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport is a joint-use military commercial airport located alongside Robert Gray Army Airfield. The airport is in the south end of Fort Hood Military Reservation 6 nautical miles (11 km; 7 mi) southwest of the central business district of Killeen.
GRK Airport is owned and operated by US ARMY AERONAUTICAL SVCS AGENCY FT BELVOIR. It covers an area of 4,930 acres (1995.1 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems, Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport is categorized as a primary commercial service airport.
- GRK is growing year by year in terms of passengers travelling.
Airport Traveling Tips
- The airport terminal is open based on departing and arriving flight schedules and is always open at least 90 minutes before their flight departure.
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at the airport for international flights at least 120 minutes before the scheduled flight departure.
- Please take a look at the GRK Airport Map before visiting the airport for a flight.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Passengers can be dropped off and picked up on-site or near Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport.
- However, Federal regulations do not allow vehicles to wait for long periods at the terminal curbs, so drivers/guests can wait for arrivals in the free Cell Phone Lot, located just moments from the airport terminal on the entrance drive.
- For arriving flights: Arriving flight status provides Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport arrival times, gate information, time to land, and delays.
- For departing flights: Departing flights status shows actual vs scheduled departure, map tracking, departure times, flight delays, and gate information.
- To get the best fares book a flight at GRK Airport here.
Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport has a main terminal with 15 gates on one concourse. 7 gates are open 24 hours while the remaining 8 gates have specific timings.
For more information, please refer to the GRK Terminal Map here.
The various airlines served at Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport include American Airlines, Delta, and United and more.
View the full list of airlines served at GRK here.
Short term parking
The Short term parking lot is one of the most convenient parking options at GRK Airport. The first 30 minutes are free.
$1 for 30 minutes to 1 hour and adds to every hour.
$10 is the daily maximum.
$60 is the weekly maximum.
Long term parking
Another comfortable option to park at Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport is Long-term parking. The first 30 minutes are free.
After 30 minutes to an hour is $1 and adds to every hour.
$8 is the daily maximum.
$48 is the weekly maximum.
Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport provides complimentary parking for the vehicles that display the following license plates. They are being operated by or for the transportation of the individual who has registered the vehicle:
- Purple Heart recipient
- Congressional Medal of Honor recipient
- Pearl Harbor survivor
- Former Prisoner of War
- Disabled veteran
For ground transportation, passengers have a variety of options to choose from, after arriving at the airport. The various options include buses, car rentals, airport shuttles, etc. Many passengers also opt for ride services such as Uber, Lyft, and Taxis.
The rental car agencies maintain an office in the baggage claim area of the Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport. Avis, Dollar, Hertz, are some of the well-known providers for rental cars.
Taxis at GRK Airport can be found at the front of the short term lot. The Cove is the only contracted taxi service here.
Buses & Trains
There are no trains or other public transportation available except one bus stop for the HOP Public Transit of Texas.
Amenities & Services
To help you have an amazing stay, Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport provides visitors with different amenities and services including:
- Eateries, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
All these can be found before and after the security checkpoint.
Address: 8101 South Clear Creek RoadKilleen, TX 76549, USA
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: (254) 501 6100
Killeen-Fort Hood Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Killeen Fort Hood Airport had just outgrown its terminal and runway. At the same time, Robert Gray Army Airfield had sufficient space.
- The new Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport represents the first aviation facility to incorporate state-of-the-art security, baggage handling, and more. The airport is blending military use along with civilian use.
- Killeen shares its new airport at Robert Gray Army Airfield with Fort Hood, the largest active duty armoured post in the U.S. armed services. The original municipal airport had outgrown its terminal and runway, which at 5,500 feet couldn't accommodate RJs.
- Killeen faced a loss of commercial airline service and declining economic opportunities, but the partnership with Fort Hood opened up new possibilities.
- First, the military had to get on board. Then, coordination and consultation with numerous governmental agencies are necessary. As with the Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport, designed considerations also come into play.
- The municipality built everything for the new airport except the runway. Finally, these days any airport must consider new security requirements.