Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Sioux Gateway Airport consists of one main terminal housing all airport facilities.
The compact passenger terminal at Sioux Gateway Airport has some amenities that typically are only found in larger airports, including two passenger-loading bridges, a business center with multiple workstations, free internet access, workstations, telephone service, a restaurant/bar, rental car counters, and a game room.
The main terminal is currently served by American and United airlines.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around SUX airport offered via the Marna’s Blue Sky Café and Gift Shop which opens every day two hours prior to the departure of any flight. The place offers lunch and breakfast menus including spirits, wine, and beer. Shopping items include books and magazines, toiletries, and other imperative items you may need.
The security checkpoints at SUX airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Sioux Gateway Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport
- When traveling with pets or other animals or in need of transport for your animals call 1-800-433-7300
- Keep your identification documents and other items of need in a small carry-on bag
- Check with your respective airlines for the baggage limit and other related rules
- Keep your luggage and personal items prepared for the TSA security checkpoints
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies
- In case of lost items, call 1-800-535-5225 or 712-258-3451