Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the South Bend International Airport consists of one main building that houses all the airport facilities.
The main terminal of the SBN airport is an L-shaped terminal, from the base of which is a corridor that extends to the concourse area.
It offers a range of services and amenities including free WiFi, family restrooms, wheelchairs, water bottle refill stations between gates 6 & 7, and business centers at the pre-security and post-security. There are exit doors A-H spread across the length of the terminal. These are listed from the west to east end:
Doors A & B have the Custodial Office and the Freight Agent Bus Ticket nearby. There is a bus terminal outside this area.
Between doors B & C is the first-aid station, male/female restroom, courtesy phone, Police, Coach USA counter, food kiosks, bar fly, and a maintenance office.
Between doors C & D is the baggage claim area, rental car counters, and taxi stand.
Between doors D & E is an Airpot Information Center; Visitor's Center, and a Gift Shop outside which is an ATM machine. , as well as the baggage claim, and a gift shop. This area extends to a passage that leads to the security checkpoint providing access to Concourse A. You can find details of the concourse area in the next heading.
Between doors E & F are airline ticket counters for United, American, Allegiant, and Delta. You will also find a meditation room, male/female/family restrooms, courtesy phones, a business center, an Aviation Museum, and a vending machine area. Outside there is Valet parking.
Between doors F & G there is a male/female restroom and two courtesy phones.
Between doors G & H there is the General Aviation Facility, Train Ticket Office and waiting area, South Shore train waiting area, and Airport Authority office.
Door H exits to the South Shore Train platform.
To get better oriented, see the South Bend International Airport Map (SBN Map).
Concourse A has nine terminal gates labeled as Gate 1-9 which can be accessed by a single security checkpoint of the area. There are a pet relief area and business center, and an ATM between gate 4 and 5. Between gates 6 and 7 is a women’s nursing area, business center, male/female/family restrooms, play port for kids, and a courtesy phone.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around SBN airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include South Bend Chocolate Cafe and newsstand in Concourse A.
The security checkpoints at SBN airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the South Bend International Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Keep your luggage and personal items prepared for the TSA security checkpoints
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies
- Smoking is only permitted at a 30 feet distance from the terminal
- Pets are only permissible if they are service animals in a pet carrier or are other animals for departing
- In case of lost items:
- The airport lost/found office can be found near the baggage claim
- Call TSA at (317) 532-1900.for lost items at the checkpoints or in case of missing items from baggage
- Call your airline for lost items inside the aircraft, departure lounge, or at the ticket counters
- Call the airport at (574) 282-4590 #0