RIOgaleao Airport is located on Governador Island, 20 km from the famed city of Rio de Janeiro, and can be reached from the south, north and west of Rio de Janeiro by the these three access routes: Linha Vermelha and Linha Amarela freeways and Avenida Brasil.
With a very long runway and 16.1 million passengers in 2016, Rio de Janeiro Galeao Airport is hub to Gol and TAM airlines and is served by a host of domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
RIOgaleao is the first airport in Brazil able to accommodate wide-bodied airplanes.
RIOgaleao Airport can be contacted within the City toll-free at 080 727 1234 or by fax 61 3312 3013.
- The 4-star Luxor Hotel (tel. 021 2468 8998) offers business services and meeting rooms.
- The 3-star Hotel Pousad (tel. 021 3398 3852)
- Rio Aeroporto Hotel (http://www.rioaeroportohotel.com.br/home/ )
RIOgaleao Airport has two passenger terminals. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open: ‘Ground Transportation /Buses & Trains.
- US citizens need to obtain prior to flight a Brazilian visa from either their nearest Brazilian Embassy or Consulate..
- Passenger service is available in both Portuguese & English.
- WiFi access is free for the first 60 minutes.
A total of 64,500 sq.feet of space was recently added for lounges. The entire upgrade /expansion project was completed August 2017, ncludeding:
- opened two service counters with bilingual staff
- opened the new new 100,000 sq.meter South Pier with 26 airbridges (3 for wide-bodies airplanes).
- replaced 32 boarding bridges and added 26 new ones;
- expanded the duty-free area to 8,000 sq.meters and the commercial area to 21,500 sq.meters;
- added 12 new immigration counters and 28 new elevators;
- added new overhead signs; and overhauled the air conditioning system.
- expanded the new Aiport mobile application, and added 2,700 parking spaces.
- added the Pre-Games 'Fitness regime'.
- opened the new independent Plaza Premium luxury lounge.
- the smartphone app is a first for Latin America - enabling users to navigate the Airport.
- barcoded boarding passes are now available to Brazilian citizens only.
- The operations control center with the latest management system.
- added baby changing facilities.
Ilha do Governador, RJ, 21942-570
Phone: +55 21 3004 6050