Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Hi, Booking a flight from Zakynthos - Mykonos, with [more]Linda 23 hr ago
Arrival from Santorini - International Flight from Athens
Coming from Santorini, what terminal will be arrive a [more]MLS 11/09/2017
Advice on arrival and departure terminals
At what terminal do international flights viz Etiihad [more]SG 07/19/2017
What flights leave or depart from the satellite build [more]DeeG 02/27/2013
Athens Venizelos Airport ( ATH ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
NOTE: If arriving by train at the Airport, follow signs to the Departures level of the Main Terminal.)
- All flights to non-Schengen countries depart from Area A; to Schengen countries at Area B* - follow signs (note that until Spring 2017 the Schengen area will be completely overhauled.
- Transit Passengers: Make sure your baggage is tagged to the final destination; if not, you may need to pick it up at the Baggage Reclaim area (follow signs) go through customs clearance, then proceed to check-in Hall at Departures level and re-check it in before proceeding to your connecting gate.
- Passport control: Only citizens of the Schengen countries are exempted from passport control. All others (including U.S. citizens), must go through passport control. After passport control, proceed to Customs Office for currency declaration.
- Flight Transfer procedures: If you already have a boarding pass for your connecting flight, make sure to check the overhead screens for your flight connection, as departure gates are subject to change. Absent a boarding pass, go to the neaest transfer desk ; if not staffed, proceed to check-in Hall on the departures level.
The passenger terminal complex at Athens International Airport consists of two passenger terminals - the main terminal and a satellite terminal - both of which are connected by an underground tunnel with a moving walkway and the new above-ground walkway. The Main Terminal, with Departures, Arrivals and Food Court levels, is used for all non-Schengen flights. The Satellite Terminal is used for Schengen flights only, with an Arrivals and a Departure level.
NOTE: While non-Schengen area upgrades were completed in 2015 - the Schengen areas were renovated from scratch' & now house duty-free stores and other new concessions -completed in Spring 2017.
Athens Airport now offers free unlimited WiFi access!
The Main Terminal:
- Escalators and elevators lead to the Metro & Suburban Train Station, with a ticket counter and access to long-term parking P3.
- U.S. and non-E.U. (non-Schengen) arrivals need head for the 'non-E.U.' line.
- An underground tunnel connects to the Satellite terminal.
The Arrivals level has four exits leading to transportation: Exit 3 - taxis; exit 4 - limos & Parking P3 shuttle bus; Exit 5 Oasa city buses. ATMs, currency exchange Information desks, rental car desks and other services are in the center, and baggage claims 1 to 5 and 6 to 11 are on either side of the center, leading to Customs and thereafter to the Arrivals hall with some services and amenities and exit doors 1through 5 (east to west).
The Departure level - with B gates B1 - B19 (west) at left and A gates A1 to A23 (east). Both gate areas also offer various services. A Meeting Point is close to Exit 2 of the Main Terminal. The Departure level has four entrances, leading to the check-in desks, with various services in between. The departure halls are divided into Area A for non-Schengen & Area B is for Schengen flights. Use the following entrances for one of the three check-in areas:
- Entrance 1 leads to check-in desks 54 to 01;
- Center Entrances 2 & 3 lead to check-in desks 77 to 55 & 106 to 78; (The center houses an escalator down to the underground tunnel leading to the Satellite Terminal.)
- Entrance 4 leads to check-in desks 142 to 107 and 157 to 143.
The Satellite terminal - able to handle 6M passengers annually - with two levels (Arrivals & Departures) - houses services & amenities, and airline gates A30 to A39. Elevators & escalators take you down to the underground tunnel leading via moving walkway to the Main Terminal.
Services and amenities inside the terminals include tourist & airport information desks, free WiFi access for up to one hour, 22 WiFi & internet kiosks, banks, ATMs & currency exchange, mail & courier services, children's entertainment & play area; first aid and executive services. For lost property go to the Lost Property Office on the Arrivals Level, across exit 3, or call +30 210 35 30 55.
The shopping center offers Duty-Free & Travel Value, Fashion & Accessories, Electronics & Music, Books & Gifts, as well as Restaurants & Cafes.
- at non-Schengen Departures Area A: British Airways - Terraces; Skyserv Handling 'Aristotelis Onassis', & Swissport Executive Lounge.
- at Schengen Departures Area B: Aegean Airlines Club; Goldair Handling, Lufthansa Business Lounge & Olympic Handling 'Melina Merkouri'.