55 minute connection
If flying to BWI from ROC connecting flight to CUN s [more]SD 01/27/2020
How to get to D from C concourse?
Flying out on AA in terminal C and would like to go t [more]Y Lu 01/06/2020
How far is TSA in main terminal to concourse cNancy 12/28/2019
Elderly woman traveling alone
My mother will be traveling alone for the first time [more]Bobbie Sandrin 12/02/2019
Baltimore/Washington International Airport Overview
Baltimore/Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport BWI can serve the tri-State area of Washington D.C., Delaware & Maryland. It is one of the top ten easiest U.S. Airports to get to, with a light rail station right in the terminal. The name Thurgood Marshall was added to the airport name in honor of its native son, the late Supreme Court Judge Thurgood Marshall.
Thrillist, the food & travel website, ranked BWI Marshall Airport among the 'top 10 Most Surprisingly Great Airports in America' - including its offers for fitness, rest, relaxation, cultural enrichment and outdoor activities.
Baltimore/Washington Airport Facts & Stats
With three runways and over 25M passengers annually, Baltimore/Washington International is served by a host of airlines offering flights throughout the U.S., the Caribbean islands, Canada, London & Frankfurt, with connections to all points of the globe.
Located about 10 miles outside of the city of Baltimore in Maryland, BWI Airport is surrounded by highways I-695, 295, 100, I-97, and I-195 (directly into the terminal). Situated between the cities of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., it serves both metropolitan areas.
- British Airways is now using its Dreamliner for its flights to London Heathrow Airport.
- Allegiant Air offers 2 weekly flights to Destin /Fort Walton Beach Airport (Florida)
- Alaska Airlines offers daily flights to San Diego; and seasonal flights to Portland (OR) and San Francisco (CA).
- Concour Airlines now serves the Macon-Bibb County of Georgia, offering 12 weekly round-trips on its 30-seat aircraft. For more information visit http://contourairlines.com, or call 800-33-Contour.
- Spirit Airlines now offers seasonal flights to Oakland, San Diego & Seattle; and to San Francisco
- Southern Airways Express serves the smaller US Airports at Hagerstown, MD, and the Pennsylvania cities of Altoona, Lancaster, DuBois & Johnstown; and also flies to Morgantown, W.Virginia. For more information visit www.iflysouthern.com or call 800-329-0485.
- Passengers on a longer layover may now be able to rent a bicycle for up to 12 hrs at $5 at the Light Rail station outside the terminal by Concourse E (or simply walk or jog) part or all of the 12.5 mile scenic outdoor trail encircling Airport property.
- A Mobile Passport Control is now available.
- Airport Contact: Tel. 410-859-7111 or 1-800-IFLYBWI
Airport Recent News
- While creation of a secure connector between D & E Concourses with two more international gates was completed, other airport improvements include:
- Creation of a new security checkpoint for domestic and international passengers
- Re-configuration of airline gates to support more international flights
- Replacement of passenger boarding bridge
7062 Friendship Rd
Baltimore, MD 21240
Phone: (410) 859 7111 or 1-800-435-9294