How can I find the atm when arriving in bogota?gloria 11/13/2014
- For the secod time, El Dorado International received from Skytrax 'Best Airport in South America' and 'Number 46 among the 100 top worldwide airports' awards. Skytrax also gave the Airport four stars according to passenger satisfaction!
- BOG Airport, at an elevation of 8,360 feet, is 15 km northwest from the city center of Bogota - accessible from downtown Bogota via motorway Avenida El Dorado 26.
- With two very long runways and 31 million passengers in 2016, Bogota El Dorado International is hub to flag carrier Avianca, Copa Colombia, & LATEM, EasyFly & Satena - and is served by numerous international airlines (including U.S.A. carriers American, Delta & United) - offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Opaine S.A. is the official airport operator (tel. + 57 (1) 439 70 70). With the opening of the two new terminals El Dorado Airport is now one of the World's leading airports. Big way-finding signs inside the terminals are in both Spanish & English.
- The city of Bogota has a rich history and culture, friendly people and a great landscape surrounding it. Two national parks are within a short drive from the Airport: Chingaza to the East and Sumapaz to the South.
- Incoming and outgoing airline passengers will be presented with awe-inspiring views: Incoming flights offer views of the city (populaton over 6M) and its buildings with red hues are set against the backdrop of the lush green Andes mountains. Outgoing flights offer view of distant 350-year old church & shrine of Mt. Monserrate - while just outside of Bogota appear the uniquely colored Lake Guatavita and the huge Embalse Tomine reservoir among the mountains.
- The new 144-room Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Bogota (on Avenida El Dorado) is the closest hotel to Airport, offering the Marriott Business Lobby, restaurant, flexible meeting space, swimming pool, sauna, and more.
- The Habitel Hotel - located 600 meters from the Airport (and less than 20 minutes from downtown Bogota), has received great reviews & raves about its service. For more information visit: hotelhabitel.com/default-en.html or e-mail [email protected]
- It is strongly suggested to arrive at the El Dorado terminals 3 hours prior to scheduled international flights, and 2 hours for scheduled domestic flights.
- The exit tax for international travelers is approximately $36 (if not included in ticket); there is an extra revenue stamp charge if staying in Colombia for more than two months.
- For online inquiries use the form provided in both Spanish & English at: http://184.108.40.206:1034/pqr/
Bogota Airport has two passenger terminals - large T1 'Eldorado' and small T2, which is used for some domestc flights. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open ‘Ground Transportation: /Buses & Trains.
- Ongoing current terminal work is to expand it by 38 percent to 223,700 sq.meters, with 41 positions and a capacity of 40 million passengers annually, and increase flight operations from 50 to 90 per hour. The phased project is to be completed by late 2017.
- By 2021, Bogota is to have a second airport - tentatively named 'Eldorado II' (located near Facatativa at Bogota's west side) which is to be connected by commuter train with Bogota's west & south sides. Design studies are conducted until 2017.