The Airport is located 6 km northwest of the city center of Bologna (200 km south-east of Milan) and is accessible via the following motorways (a) A1 from Milano, Exit Bologna Borgo Panigale; (b) A13 from Padova, Exit Bologna Arcoveggio; (c) A14 from Ancona, Exit Bologna San Lazzaro (in all three instances, take the by-pass).
With two runways and 7.6 million passengers in 2016, Bologna Airport is served by numerous domestic & international, regular & low-cost airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Bologna Airport has a Main Terminal and an EastTerminal. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open: ‘Ground Transportation /Buses & Trains.
Important telephone numbers:
- For flight informtion call +39 051 647 9615
- For Lost & Found call +39 051 647 9647 9am-11am or 6:30pm-8:30pm; for items lost inside the terminal contact: [email protected] - for items lost onboard the aircraft or shuttle bus contact: [email protected]
- Customs: +39 051 647 9348; Border Police: +39 051 642 1911
- new Sita baggage drop units are now available.
- Self-service immigration control technology from SITA speeds up the border process for EU passengers holding a biometric passport - taking on average 20 seconds and reducing waiting times.
- A new elevated above-ground self-driven train is to be completed by 2019.