Burlington Airport BTV
Burlington Airport is an international joint-use civil-military airport in Chittenden County, Vermont, United States. It is owned by the City of Burlington,.
The airport is located in South Burlington, 3 nautical miles (6 km) east of Burlington's central business district.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Burlington International Airport covers an area of 942 acres (381 ha).
- About 40% of the BTV’s passengers come from Quebec.
- The airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport.
- Burlington Airport has celebrated its 100 years of history.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time to account for TSA security wait times, and any possible delays.
- To make your journey hassle-free, have your ID and boarding pass ready for inspection. This will help you and everyone else move through security faster!
- Be prepared to remove your shoes and everything from your pockets. Don’t forget about removing your belt, as it may set off metal detectors.
- The airline ticket counters and check-in areas are on the first floor.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please have a look at the BTV Airport map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Passengers may be picked up and dropped off curbside. However, do not leave vehicles unattended. The curbside should only be used for immediate pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Visitors meeting passengers inside are encouraged to park in the BTV onsite garage, at just $1 for the first hour.
- Another option is the free Cell Phone Lot where you can simply wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to call or text you when they claim their luggage, then drive to the terminal's curbside.
- For arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Burlington Airport.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get fantastic deals, book a flight at BTV here.
Burlington Airport has one main terminal with two floors. To see the terminal location, and for more information, please refer to the BTV Airport Terminal Map here.
The first floor of the terminal has gates numbered - 11,13,14, and 15. This floor has the airline ticket counters and check-in areas.
Gates - 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are one the second floor.
The various airlines served at Burlington Airport include United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, JetBlue, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at BTV here.
Burlington Airport offers both short and long term parking in the multi-level, covered parking garage. The Parking Garage can be accessed from the Airport entrance road.
The onsite airport parking garage offers covered secure parking steps from the terminal. 2 crosswalks on Ground Level and 2 walkways on Level 2 connect the Garage to the Terminal.
$1 -1st hour
$2 per hour for the next 3 hours
$12.00 after 4 hours - Daily Rate
There are several options for passengers to choose from when planning their trip from the airport to the destination of their choice. From rental cars to limousines to taxis and more, passengers can choose according to their convenience.
Rental car companies are conveniently located inside the terminal, on the main floor, adjacent to the baggage carousels. Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz are some of the well-known providers.
Burlington Airport is served by a number of privately owned taxis operators. The start fee also referred to as drop-fee is $2.50.
Buses and trains are an economical option to travel from BTV. The Chittenden County Transportation Authority’s South Burlington Circulator Bus Purple Line #12 connects BTV with Burlington, South Burlington, and the University of Vermont.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have an amazing stay, Burlington Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines
Address: 1200 Airport Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Phone: (802) 863 2874
Burlington Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On August 14, 1920, the first aircraft landed at what became the Burlington Municipal Airport.
- On August 14, 1942, and February 11, 1943, the airport was noted as being the busiest airport in the world.
- On February 24, 1969, the Board of Aldermen voted to change the airport's title from "municipal" to "international" as a means of re-branding the airport.
- On October 7, 1973, the terminal was opened.
- From 2000 to 2008, the airport experienced an increase in growth and service.
- In 2008, the airport authority completed a $15 million expansion project.
- In July 2008, the airport set a local record when 759,154 passengers flew from Burlington.
- In 2009, the Airport Authority sought $45 million for an expansion.
- In early 2012, the process of expanding the parking garage was completed.
Q: Is Burlington International Airport the same as BTV?
A: Yes. While the official name is Burlington International Airport, it is also referred to by its IATA code BTV.
Q: What cities can I fly from BTV?
A: You can fly to many cities from BTV Airport. Please have a look at our direct flights page here, to see where you can fly.
Q: Can I sleep at Burlington International Airport?
A: The airport remains open 24 hours a day and passengers are permitted to sleep inside the airport, and they can also stay inside overnight.
Q: Where do I report for lost and found items?
A: If you believe you left an item in the BTV terminal or at a security screening checkpoint, please contact the Airport Information Desk on the terminal’s first level in the baggage claim area. Also, you can refer to lost and found here.
International private jet coming into BTV
My employer needs to return to their Vermont home aft [more]SMFitch 04/24/2020
Shuttle service or similar to the Grand Isle Ferry terminal
Are there any shuttle services between the airport an [more]JDH 12/13/2018
does the airport exchange different currancies for dollars.rkl 03/05/2018
Are pets allowedPets 06/23/2017