YYC Calgary Airport is approximately 15 km from the City of Calgary and approximately 144 km from Banff in Canada’s Alberta Province, and can be easily accessed via Highway 2 (96 Ave NE Exit); which connects south to 16 Ave NE, taking you west to both Highways 1A and 1.
Note that due to construction of a new runway and terminal extension, Barlow Trail between 48 Av. & Airport Trail NE, and McCall Way north of 78 Av NE are closed. Also, the City has started construction of two direct routes to the Air Terminal: Route 430 North Crosstown & Route 100 Airport/McKnight - Westwind Station. (Check for updates first!)
With 4 runways and 15.7 million passengers in 2016, Calgary International Airport is hub to WestJet, and is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- WestJet started service to Nashville (BNA) in May 2017, and will start service to Denver (DEN) March 8, 2018. WestJet intends to make Calgary their connecting hub, adding to its 2017/18 Winter schedule numerous flights to destinations within Canada, and to southern vacation destinations (like Belize).
- Those who need to get to the Gahcho Kue Mine located in the Northwest Territories, can now get there via employee charter flights at Concourse B.
- Dedicated CATSA security screening lines are now available for transborder flights at Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto Pearson, and Montreal airports. Eligible 'Trusted Travelers' may use these lines - including: members of NEXUS & Global Entry programs; Canadian and US military, and aircrew in uniform with valid IDs. Self-serve NEXUS kiosks clear customs and immigration faster.
- Arriving visa-exempt foreign nationals (except US citizens and travelers with a valid visa) need an Elecronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
- While there are plenty of charging stations throughout the Airport, passengers may also use the new WeWatt charging bike - a good way to get some exercise.
- All airline gates are within a 5-minute walk from the central waiting area. Gates are assigned at least one hour prior to boarding time and are then posted on the large screen.
- Lost/Found, Paging, Coat & Baggage Storage inquiries are only available at Domestic Arrivals InfoCenter, while Paging is available at all InfoCenters Tel. 403-735-1234; e-mail: email@example.com.
Calgary International Airport has a Domestic and a new International Terminal. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open: ‘Ground Transportation /Buses & Trains.
- Some elevators in the Domestic Terminal will be closed due to ongoing work connecting baggage systems - affecting all 3 levels: Arrivals (near doors 8/9), Departures (next to PrimeCARE health and Touch of Petals) & Mezzanine (near Food Court & entrance to Plus 15 (access to Delta Hotel).
Lost and found
Your lost and found email isn’t right as it says it’s [more]Ken O’Dell 11/03/2019
Will be flying into Calgary from Fort McMurray, conne [more]Brent Fradsham 10/27/2019
we are flying in from edmonton to calgary 07:30 with [more]hart 10/15/2019
Escale vol intérieur
Bonjour, Ma fille a un escale à Calgary pour un vol e [more]Nadine 06/30/2019