55min layover @ CLT airport to London Heathrow
Hi I have a flight MCO 3:30pm arriving at CLT 5:19pm [more]Luciana 09/15/2018
terminals and transportation American to Eagle
At what terminals are these flights and what type of [more]J.M.Sigler 09/05/2018
Length between gates
How far is it from Gate E13 to Gate E26 Have 20 min t [more]Carol Ann 08/30/2018
Terminal Travel Time
How long does it take to get from terminal C to terminal E?CY 08/30/2018
CLT Airport is a few miles from the financial district of the city of Charlotte, situated near the border of the North & South Carolinas, accessible from Interstate Hwy. 485, connecting to I-85 and I-77. NOTE: After completion of the Josh Birmingham Pkwy realignment project, the new roadway now connects Little Rock Rd. exit off I-85 to North Josh Birmingham Pkwy, with direct access to terminal, parking lots & decks from I-85 & Wilkinson Blvd.
- From Josh Birmingham Pkwy you are now directed onto the new Airport entrance road's inbound lanes, which merge onto Little Rock Road & directly to the terminal.
NOTICE: Work on the new 2-level, 8-lane road in front of the terminal (replacing the former 3-lane roads) has been completed: 5 lanes are for passenger cars and 3 for commercial vehicles. New bridges & tunnels connect the terminal to the hourly parking decks. Passenger traffic shifted to new lanes in one single move.
With four long runways and 44.4 million passengers in 2016, Charlotte Douglas International Airport is served by a host of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights througout North America, the Caribbean islands, Europe & South America.
- For passenger pickup /dropoff, use curbside, including all lanes on ticketing & baggage claim levels & curbside check-in - your car must be attended to.
- Priority lanes for preferred or elite status airline passengers are available at Checkpoints B & D.
- The toll-free Airport number is 1-800-FLY-CDA
- The new Consolidated Rental Car Facility occupies levels 1 - 3 of the new 7-level Hourly Parking Deck across from the terminal.
- The terminal now has a new inline baggage system and its considerable East- and West-side expansion projects were completed.
Current Airlines, their Concourses and telephone numbers:
- Air Canada at Concourse A; tel. 1-888-247-2262
- American: American Eagle & American Connection at Concourses B through E; tel. 1-800-428-4322
- Delta: Delta Connection at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-221-1212
- Frontier at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-432-1359
- JetBlue at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-538-2583
- Lufthansa at Concourse D; tel. 1-800-645-3880
- Southwest at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-435-9792
- United: United Express at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-241-6522
- ViaAir at Concourse A; tel. 1-800-565-5042
Charlotte Douglas Airport has a large main passenger terminal, with Concourses A through E. (For terminal details, open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for parking information open the 'Parking Map'; for transportation information open 'Transportation: Buses/ Trains.)
Present & Future Airport Developments: Under the FAA's phase 2 'Metroplex' initiative - the use of airspace will become more efficient by a flight path exchange at altitudes beyond 3,000 feet. Furthermore, a changeover to a new satellite system is to replace the outdated ground technology.
- The space of former cell phone lots 1 & 2 (off Rental Car Lot) will be used for the two new projects: an elevated roadway & Concourse A expansion.
- A new round for a $2.5B 10-year project 'Destination CLT' is to address roadway changes, terminal improvements and airfield work:
. The new Satellite Terminal north of Concourse A started its phase 1 of a 2-phase expansion project and include 9 gates - with phase 2 costruction of 16 more gates to follow thereafter - to be completed by mid-2019.
. Concourse B renovations started September 2017 at gates 13-16, then continue in stages towards the Atrium - to be completed by Nov. 2018.
. Concourses A & E renovations are to start in summer 2018, while Concourses C & D renovations will start in early 2019.
. Ongoing work on the New Control Tower (off Yorkmont Road) - to be twice as tall as the current one which it will replace - is co continue up to 2019.
. Starting 2019, construction begins on the Terminal lobby expansion towards the hourly parking deck with added space for security, ticketing & baggage claim. The enlarged lobby will have windows & a mezzanine level. Completion is scheduled for 2020.