Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Traveling on March 9, flight 5457 arriving at gate E2 [more]JC Yesterday
On 2/24 flight 5625 arriving CLT from BTV at 1048. De [more]N Fuller 02/15/2018
Flying from gpt to bwi with stop in clt . do i need t [more]Chuck 02/15/2018
Walking time from E17 to B12
How much time needed to get from E17 to B12?Jbuchman 02/14/2018
Charlotte Douglas Airport ( CLT ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
During 2017, Passengers are urged to read the IMPORTANT NOTICE at the introductory page - allowing for plenty of time to get to their Terminal:
Passenger Pickup/Dropoff: Available at curbside, car cannot be unattended. If you need more time, park in the Hourly Deck or use the free Cell Phone Waiting Lots (see 'Parking Map).
For Paging and Information call 704-359-4013. C/DIAL, a 24/7 multi-lingual information center, can be reached at 704-359-4910. The Welcome Center / Visitor Services can be contacted at 704-359-4027. For Airport information 24/7 call 311; outside of Mecklenburg County call (704) 336-7600. C/DIAL.
TSA Pre-check & Priority Lanes: Eligible TSA Pre-check passengers of US Airways, American, Delta & United travelers may access the TSA Pre-check lane at security checkpoint B for expedited screening. Priority Lanes: 'Preferred' or 'Elite' airline customers may use these lanes for faster access through security checkpoints B & D.
TSA security checkpoint hours and processing methods:
- Checkpoint A: Standard 4a.m-7:45pm - with standard passenger processing (SPP)
- Checkpoint B: Standard, Main Pre-check 4:30am-8:15pm - with TSA PreCheck & SPP
- Checkpoint C: Standard, Flex Lanes 5:30am-9:15pm - with SPP
- Checkpoint D: Main Pre-check, Preferred 4am-10:45pm - with TSA Pre-Check & Preferred
- Checkpoint E: Standard, Mon-Fri 6am-9:45pm; Sat/Sun 6:30am-10:15pm - with SPP & employees.
- Concourses A through E surround the main terminal - no shuttle service is needed.
- TSA Security check: arrive two hours prior to scheduled departure. TSA Contact: tel. 1-866-289-9673 or email: [email protected] or @AskTSA
- Ground Transport: All modes of transportation at Charlotte Douglas International, except CATS buses, are located at the curbside of the lower baggage claim level of the main passenger terminal. CATS buses pick up in front of Zone D baggage claim.
International Arrivals: Unless you have gone through US customs clearance by participating airports in Canada and the Caribbean, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in bag (the tag should indicate layover and final destination Airport Codes).
The passenger terminal complex at Charlotte Douglas Airport consists of a large main terminal with Arrivals & Departures levels and Concourses A through E. (American Airlines' American Eagle & American Connection currently use Concourses B through E):
The Arrivals level houses the baggage claim with carousels A1, A2 & A3 to the left, B & C in the Center and D & E to the right , with an Information counter, ATM machine, 'Special Areas' between B & C carousels. Concessions are located close to the entrance doors.
The Departures level of the main terminal houses the check-in facilities at the entrance and 5 security checkpoints thereafter or each of Concourses A, B, C, D & E (checkpoints A & D open 4:15am, B & C open 5:15am). Food & drink, retail concessions, & ATMs are available on the Departures level, its Atrium & at all concourses; while Charging Stations are disbursed throughout the Concourses. All boarding areas offer food & drink & retail concessions and other amenities.
The two security checkpoints at the East side connect to the A & B boarding areas;
the two security checkpoints at the West side connect to C & D gates;
the security checkpoint at the Northwest side connects to E gates
The Atrium is a glass-enclosed structure within the Departures level - with a tree-lined boulevard dotted with comfortable white rocking chairs and surrounded by concessions & services (including a chapel on upper level, TSA pre-check pre-enrollment center and the the USO lounge).
Concourse A with gates A1-A13 is currently served by Air Canada, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, United & ViaAir airlines. Concourse A can be accessed from the ticketing level. Near gate A6 is an ATM & a charging station.
Concourse B with gates B1-B16 is currently served by American Airlines only, and can be accessed from the Atrium. There are 2 charging stations at B4 & B10 and an ATM near B10. (By July 2016, 10 more gates will be added.)
Concourse C with gates C2-C19 is currently served by American Airlines only, and can be accessed from the Atrium. The American Airlines Admirals Club & Business Center is at the entrance of Concourse C. Charging stations are at /near gate C4, C10 & C15 and an ATM at C9.
Concourse D with gates D1-D13 is currently served by American Airlines & Lufthansa, and can be accessed from the ticketing area. It handles all international arrivals without customs preclearance. A charging station is at D3, an ATM near D7 and currency exchange at D1/D2.
Concourse E with gates E1-E38 is currently served by American Airlines only, and can be accessed from the ticketing area. The y-shaped gateway starts with gates E1-E9, and then divides: to the right to gates E10-E19; to the left to gates E20-E38a-b. A charging station is near E11, with an ATM in close proximity thereto.
- The American Admirals Club & Business Center is located near the entrance to Concourse C.
- The American Admirals Club is between B3 & B5;
- The USO Center is near the Information counter in the ticketing area.
- ATMs are in all areas of the terminal
- Currency exchange service is available in the check-in area and at Concourse D
- A wide range of food & drink, shops & services are available in all areas of the terminal.
NOTE: While one major project has now been completed - other major airport projects are lined up to be completed up to 2020 (see 'Present & future Airport Developments' in the introductory page of this site.)
Important CLT Airport telephone numbers:
- Airport Information: 704-359-4013
- Administration Fax: 704-359-4030
- Aviation Department (Main Switchboard): 704-359-4000; toll-free: I-800-FLY-CDIA
- Law Enforcement & Emergency: 704-359-4012
- Parking: 704-359-4038
- Paging & Information: 704-359-4013
- Visitor Information Center: 704-359-4027