Are dogs allowed to walk around on leash at this airport?
I'm hoping to bring my dog to pick up my sister, and [more]maria 11/25/2017
Enough time to get to connecting flight
We are flying in from flint Michigan to midway on a T [more]LAB 11/20/2017
Drop off a Senior Citizen
I'm dropping off my 90 year old uncle on Sunday to fl [more]Chuckster 11/05/2017
Place to sit and work prior to security
Is there a place to sit, eat and do some work befor [more]CJ 10/27/2017
MDW Airport is readily accessible from Chicago's center in less than 30 minutes via the Stevenson Expressway. It is located 10 miles from downtown Chicago, Illinois, and borders to the suburbs of Burbank & Clearing. The Stevenson Expressway (I-55) connects northeast to I-90/I-94, and southwest to I-294. between Interstates Hwys I-55. The CTA's Orange Line connects the Airport with downtown Chicago.
With five runways and 20 million passengers in 2016, Chicago Midway Airport is served by regular & low-cost carriers - Southwest is the dominant one, offering direct and connecting flights to many points in the U.S. and Canada, with connections around the world.
- Southwest Airline offers flights to Cincinnati (OH) and to San Juan (Puerto Rico,).
- Volaris low-cost airline offers 2 weekly flights each to 2 Mexico destinations: Durango & to Queretaro Intercontinental Airport QRO.
- Via Air offers service to Branson, Missouri.
- LOT Polish Airlines will offer flight to/from Budapest (Hungary) on the 787 Dreamliner, starting May 2018.
- The Lakeshore Express carrier operates out of private terminals at both ORD & MDW airports: Check-in & boarding at MDW is at Atlantic Aviation, 5200 W. 63rd St. It offers connections to Detroit on its Saab 340b.
Chicago Midway Airport has one passenger terminal with concourses A, B C. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.
Airlines serving Chicago Midway, their telephone number & Concourse:
- Delta, tel. 800-221-1212; at Concourse A
- North Country Sky, tel. 877-359-7595 (booking by phone is $15)
- Porter, tel. 888-619-8622; at Concourse A
- Southwest, tel. 800-435-9792; at both Concourses A & B
- Volaris 866-988-3527; at Concourse A.
- International arrivals may now use an expanded version of the Automated Passport Control (APC) technology (self-serve APC kiosks speed up passenger processing time).
- To avoid TSA checkpoint delays - check your pckets before etting to the front line and put all items in your carry-on bag!
- Animal Relief areas are now in both in- and outdoor locations: at south end of lower level terminal drive, and at Concourse A, gate A4A.
- Unisex /Family restrooms are available at Concourse A (gates A9, Gate A4A and Gate A4A walkway; at Concouse B at gate B15; at baggage claim: at its north end.
- Telephones & TTY phones area at: upper level ticketing, across from Delta ticket counter; and Southwest ticket counter; at Concourse A at gate A5, Concouse B at gate B10 and B20; and on the lower level baggage claim across form belts 1, 4, 5 & 8.
- Visual Paging is available on the last sceen of each flight information display bank, or FIDS monitors. To request this service, contact MATCO at the TTY 773-838-9661, or TRS at 711.
A new 74-room Best Westgern Hotel wih 74 rooms is now being built on-Airport grounds.
Present and future Airport developments: In May 2017, Midway Airport started its $248M upgrade by unveiling 21 new food & retail concessions located at the area where Southwest Airlines dominates. The concession facilities will double in size, security checkpoint will be at new security hall; while the parking garage is to get 4 more levels with 1,400 premium parking spaces. The pedestrian bridge over Cicero Avenue is to increase from 60 to 300 feet. Completion of the project is scheduled for 2020.
Chicago, IL 60638
Phone: (773) 838 0600 or 838 9111