- Continental Airport Express which departs every 15 minutes, serves most city and suburban neighborhoods
- 'Go Airport Express' serves the City & its suburbs, departing every 15 mins.
The average travel time to downtown Chicago takes 20-25 minutes.
For more information contact Operations weekdays 8am-4pm, at 773-838-0787 - or go to the information counter at Lower Level Arrivals door LL3.
Both Orange Line Trains and CTA buses serve Chicago. The Orange Line departs between 4:00/ 4:30am and 1 am daily, from the station located just east of the terminal, at the Transportation Center - connected by enclosed walkway - follow signs 'CTA Trains' or 'Trains to City' & the orange line on the ground.
- CTA Orange Line trains run to downtown Chicago and the Loop (total time 25 mins);
- CTA buses serve various Chicago areas, (so does the CTA 'L' Train); CTA Bus Routes:
- Route 47 - 47th - runs between Cicero/Archer and 47th/Lake Park;
- Route 54B - South Cicero - runs between Ford City Mall and Cermak/Kenton;
- Route 55 - Garfield - runs between the Museum of Science & Industry and Midway;
- Route 55A - South Cicero - runs between Austin/65th and Midway;
- Route 55N - 55th/Austin - runs between Austin/65th and Midway;
- Route 62N - Archer - runs between State/Washington and Midway via State, Roosevelt, Halsted, Archer and Cicero;
- Route 62H - Archer/Harlem - runs between 63rd/Archer and Midway;
- Route 63 - 63rd - runs between 63rd Street/Stony Island and Midway;
- Route 63W - West 63rd - runs between Archer and Midway.
PACE buses (blue) have fixed routes within 6-county areas. (visit: http://pacebus.com/sub/bus_system/default.asp)
- Route 379 Midway/Lorland Sq., between Orland Sq. Mall & CTA's Midway Transport Center
- Route 382 Central/Clearing, between 104th/Pulaski & CTA Midway Transport Center
- Route 383 South Cicero - between Oak Forest Hospital & CTA Midway Transport Center
- Route 384 Narragensett - between 11thh/ Natoma & CTA Midway Transport Center
- Route 385 87th/ 111th /17th - between Rivercrest Shopping Center and CTA Midway Transport Center
- Route 386 S. Harlem - between Tinley Park Mental Health Center and CTA Midway Transport Center
- Route 390 Midway/ UPS - betwen UPS Hodgkins and 57th /Cicero, via CTA's Midway Transport Center
Regional Buses serve the Airport with service to the States of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa & Wisconsin. Contact the individual providers directly:
- Coach USA/Tri State tel. 800-248-8747, serves Crestwood, Highland, Portage, Michigan City.;
- Coach USA/United Limo tel. 800-248-8747, serves South Bend & Notre Dame in Indiana.
- Coach USA/ Van Galder tel. 800-747-0994, serves Rockford Clock Tower, IL; Rockford Terminal, IL; South Beloit, WI.
- River Valley Metro, tel. 815-9347-4287, serves daily Kankakee County & 1-57 corridor in Eastern Illinois with free parking & non-stop shuttle service between idway & Maneno.
- Express Air Coach to West Lafayette tel. 765-743-3120;
- Peoria Charter tel. 800-448-0572.
Midway Airport-to-OHare Airport Transfers:
- The cheapest transfer: Take the CTA Orange Line and transfer at downtown Chicago's Clark /Lake Station to O'Hare Airport via Blue Line Allow for a 2-hour transfer time. For more information go to the CTA website at http://www.transitchicago.com/planatrip/.
- Coach USA Tri State/United Limo (tel. 1-800-248-8747) departs hourly - allow for a 1-hour transfer time.
- The Omega Airport Shuttle (tel. 773-734-6688 or visit omegashuttle.com) runs hourly until late evening & takes about an hour. Location: lower level Arrivals, door 3, outside of SW Airlines baggage claim.
- Act II Transportation offers shuttle van service between Iowa and both Midway & Ohare Airports via I-80. (Reservations only - tel. 800-769-8891 or 309-799-8891.