Dallas Fort Worth International Airport services the greater metropolitan areas of Dallas & Fort Worth and it is the largest airport in Texas, encompassing an area almost 30 square miles. DFW Airport is nearly 20 miles from downtown Dallas, and 24 miles from downtown Fort Worth.
Dominated by American Airlines, Dallas airport DFW is the 15th busiest airport in the world. With 7 runways serving over 60 million passengers annually, Dallas International is served by a host of major domestic and foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Dallas Airport aims to be the 'World's Healthiest Airport' - whereby its concessionaires participate in offering daily at least one dietary choice.
Airport Stats & Facts
- The area Dallas Fort Worth airport uses is larger than Manhattan!
- A fully functioning emergency room opened in 2018.
- Over 250 international and domestic destinations are served by Dallas airport.
- Dallas Fort Worth airport is the 8th busiest airport in the United States.
- DFW airport is ranked #3 in overall passenger satisfaction in the US.
- 2019 Airport of the Year.
- 2016 - EPA Climate Leadership Award.
- Worldwide Honor of best Excellence in Customer Service.
- Achieved EPA Climate Leadership Award.
- 1st North American Airport to become Carbon Neutral.
- Best Airport Staff Service in North America.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Airport peak hours are between 6am & 1pm and between 5pm & 8pm. Peak travel days are Mondays & Sundays.
- Arrive 2 hours before a domestic flight departure and 3 hours before an international flight departure to account for TSA security wait times and any possible flight delays.
- Take a few minutes to look at the DFW Airport map before heading to the airport for a flight.
- Passenger Pickup and Drop-off: the airport has implemented full enforcement of all loading / unloading zones. Travelers are not permitted to idle in vehicles while waiting for passengers. To facilitate a smooth flow of pickup-drop off, there is free parking available at the DFW terminal parking garages. A cellphone lot located outside the north terminal allows drivers to wait until their passengers have reached the curb.
- For arriving flights: Arriving Flight Status provides SEATAC arrival times, delays, time-to-land, and gate info.
- For departing flights: DFW Departing Flight Status lists actual vs scheduled departure times, flight delays, map tracking, and SEA airport gate info.
- To get the best fares at Seattle airport, book a Flight from DFW.
Dallas airport DFW has five terminals. A, B and C terminals are for domestic flights and terminals D and E are for international flights. All terminals are interconnected inside security. The airport terminals host 171 boarding gates.
- Terminal A has boarding gates A6-A39, where American Airlines is exclusively served.
- Terminal B has 49 gates. American Eagle is served by B terminal.
- Terminal C has boarding gates C2- C39, and serves American Airlines.
- Terminal D hosts international flights via boarding gates D5- D40.
- Terminal E serves international flights and it has boarding gates E2 -E38.
DFW airport serves over 40 airlines including American, Alaska, Delta, United, and many more airlines.
- American Airlines has flights from all 5 terminals A, B, C, D and E.
- Approximately 85% of passengers traveling thru the airport are flying on American airlines flights.
- To find which airlines are served by each terminal, see the list of airlines served at DFW Airport.
Short-term and Long-term Parking: Parking at DFW Airport is available onsite. The public airport parking facilities have about 40,000 parking spaces. Monthly parking programs and handicap accessible parking are also available through the airport. Parking prices depend upon closeness to the terminals and level of service.
Off-site Parking: Many parking lots offer affordable off-site parking near the Dallas DFW Airport. Most of the off-site parking lots allow 24/7 access and also provide a shuttle service to and from the airport.
Passengers arriving at the airport have multiple choices for reaching their next destination. At Dallas Airport, the transportation options are buses, local train, rent a car and many more. Passengers can also book Uber and taxi services to ride at their destination.
Airport Car Rental: Passengers can easily pick up a rental car at DFW Airport. Hertz, Enterprise, National, and other well-known car rental providers offer airport travelers a large variety of vehicles to choose from. If you get any problem in car rental services, you can call on their toll free numbers.
Airport Shuttle: Private airport shuttle services are a convenient way to travel to and from the Airport. With the help of the wide selection of available shuttle services, you can get a ride to almost any nearby location.
Buses & Trains: If you have more time and you don’t want to waste money on private services, public transit is also an option. Dallas airport has direct rail links to both downtown Dallas and downtown Fort Worth. DART trains arrive at the airport regularly from 4AM to 1AM daily. Passengers can also take the bus services at airport.
Amenities & Services
Dallas Airport DFW provides many passengers amenities and services including:
- Public Art Programs
- Kids play areas
- Restaurants, lounges and cafes
- Hotel services to sleep inside the airport
- Wine & gift shops
- Retail stores
- Fax and Photocopying
- Foreign exchange desks and ATM services
- Free Wi-Fi services
The Dallas-Fort International Airport is owned, maintained and operated by the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth.
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & found.
A Brief History Timeline - Dallas Fort Worth Airport
- In January 13, 1974, the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport became operational.
- All terminals at the airport were designed by Obata, Hellmuth, and Brodsky and Kassabaum, Hopf & Adler.
- The first commercial American Airline flight 341 was flown from New York to Dallas via Memphis in 1973.
- $68 million was spent on seventeen thousand acres to build the airport.
- In 1989, the airport authority embarked on a terminal reconstruction project.
- Founders' Plaza Park, an observation devoted to the founders of the airport was opened in 1995.
- In 2019, a new Dallas airport terminal F was commissioned, targeted for completion in early 2030’s.
Is there a barber shop in DFW?
Asked by Cartha - Fri, 16 September
There is not a barber shop located at DFW.
How do I get from Terminal A to Terminal D? I have 45 minutes between flights.
Asked by Lisa - Wed, 14 September
The Skylink Train is the best way to get from one Terminal to the other.
How do I transfer from terminal A to terminal B?
Asked by Jatin - Thu, 1 September
Terminals A and B are right across from each other so will be an efficient transfer from one to the other.
Is there a smoothie bowl store available at the airport?
Asked by Ken - Mon, 22 August
There is a Freshens Yogurt and Smoothie store located in Terminal C.
Can you walk between Terminal B to Terminal A or do you have to take the train?
Asked by clarence - Sun, 21 August
You can walk, but it is recommended to either use the train or the van shuttle to get from one terminal to the next.
Where is TSA pre check access in Terminal C?
Asked by David - Fri, 5 August
There is a TSA Precheck located at C20.
How do you get from one terminal to the other?
Asked by Lynda Wardrip - Fri, 1 July
The Skylink rail train is the best way to get from one terminal to the other.
Is there anywhere in the airport that I can buy an Apple laptop charger?
Asked by A Hutton - Wed, 22 June
There are iStore Boutique stores in Terminals A and D where you could purchase an Apple laptop charger.
How late are restaurants open at DFW international terminal?
Asked by Jen - Fri, 17 June
With around 15 different restaurant options per terminal at DFW, it is best to call ahead as they each have different hours that vary. You can take a look at the DFW map you can find the restaurants for each terminal along with a phone number to contact.
Is there a park and wait lot for terminal E?
Asked by Kaycia Vansickle - Tue, 7 June
No, but there is a parking garage directly off of Terminal E.
Do I need a Covid test to fly to Denver Colorado?
Asked by Madeline - Wed, 18 May
If you are flying domestically, no COVID test is needed. If you are flying in from an international location, check the current rules for both countries.
How long does it take to walk from C21 to A8?
Asked by Elaine - Fri, 6 May
It will likely take you approximately 20 minutes.
Lost and found?
Asked by Ingrid Shaw - Wed, 4 May
There are two Lost and Found areas for items lost in the airport, depending on where your item was left. The two are: American Airlines Lost and Found near gate C2 (past security) and the DFW Lost and Found located in the Terminal E baggage claim near E4 (pre security).
How do I get from terminal b, gate b15, to terminal d, gate d20?
Asked by rick tinsley - Tue, 26 April
To get from the two Terminals, walk past Gate D40 and follow the walkway around to the hallway between the 2 terminals. This is on the same level as departures and connects to the departures area of Terminal B with the lower gate numbers.
How to Contact American Airlines Baggage Office?
Asked by Randall - Wed, 13 April
Is there a local contact phone number I can call about a lost bag?
Asked by Christopher - Mon, 4 April
Unfortunately, no. You must contact your airline directly about lost luggage. Good luck!
Where Covid testing located?
Asked by Tim - Mon, 28 March
Collinson is running multiple COVID-19 testing facilities within the airport. They are located pre and post-security in Terminal D.
Is south express parking open?
Asked by Sharon wilcoxen - Sat, 19 March
Right now, on April 30th, the South Express Parking Lot is still closed.
Where to park for Terminal C?
Asked by Cindy - Sat, 26 February
How long does it take to go from Terminal A to C?
Asked by Psul - Fri, 25 February
Terminal A is approx. 24 minutes walking distance from Terminal C.
Where is American Airlines?
Asked by Sandra - Tue, 22 February
How long does it take to walk between terminal B and C?
Asked by Bradley C Willert - Mon, 21 February
It takes around 28 minutes on each side to walk between Terminal B and C.
Is there a smoking area?
Asked by Heena - Wed, 16 February
Outside of each terminal entrance, designated smoking areas are available. Inside any terminal, smoking is not permitted.
I will be picking up a passenger arriving from Fort Myers Florida, where would I pick them up?
Asked by dee - Sat, 12 February
Doors to exit the terminal are located near baggage claim areas find out the baggage claim area. If you are at the airport to pick up a passenger then park in one of the one-hour parking spaces located on the first rows of Terminal Parking. Cell phone Parking lot is at the north end of the airport must be used by the family or friends picking up passengers. Until the passenger calls to say that they are ready for curbside pick-up, the lot allows free waiting of up to 2 hours.