Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
The passenger terminal complex at Dallas International Airport consists of five terminals - A through E (D is the international terminal). Each of the five terminals, together with their parking facility, form a half circle, with the parking area facing the one-way roads of the International Parkway in the center. As shown in the Dallas Fort Worth airport map,
Terminals A & B face each other - connected by a walkway, as well as terminals C & D (Terminal D has actually a square layout). Terminal E is south of Terminal C, but is not connected by walkway to the other terminals. All amenities and services (food, drink, stores...) are located in the boarding area near their respective gates. Free AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspots are located throughout the Terminal. To rest & refresh between flights, DFW offers at terminals A & D, nine 'Minute Suites' with shower facilities.
More detailed information about DFW Terminals can be found below.
Getting Around the Airport
This section offers terminal transfer options within Dallas Airport terminals, how to proceed if arriving at the Airport Station, and other tips. Consult the DFW terminal map for more info.
Inter-terminal transportation via train:
All Terminals are connected by the high-speed Skylink train, running inside security 24/ 7and taking an average of 5 mins between terminals.
Alternatively, free 'Terminal Link' blue & green accessible vans transfer passengers every 10 mins outside of the terminals' baggage claim, 5am-midnight, thereafter call 972-574-5465.
Passengers arriving at the DFW Airport Station: Walk to Terminal A (a 3-minute walk) - enter the ticketing hall if departing from terminal A; if not - you have the following options to connect to one of the other terminals:
- Non-American Airline passengers with only carry-on bags may use a multi-airline kiosk (in elevator vestibule at TA) to check in for their flight.
- Passengers of airlines other than American with bags to check in may use the Terminal Link shuttle bus outside to get to their connecting terminal.
There is an off-site DFW car rental center served by the rental car shuttle bus, which stops at each terminal.
DFW Terminals A - E
Terminal A of DFW with gates A6-A39, serves exclusively American Airlines. The half-circle shaped terminal is divided between east and west areas, with check-in facilities and baggage claims on each side, and 3 security checkpoints at east, west and north. Stores, amenities and services are listed on the Dallas airport map Terminal A.
Terminal B of DFW with gates B1-B49 is exclusively used by American Eagle. Terminal B's services offered are ATMs of Bank of America & Credit Union at pre-security, cellular broadband, DFW Airport Travel Lounge, and much more. Stores, amenities and services are listed on the DFW terminal B map.
Terminal C of DFW with gates C2-C39 serves exclusively American Airlines. Three check-in areas are located at east, west and north. Security checks are at east, west and North points. A connector to A gates is after gate C2. Dining and shopping offers are plentiful, itemized at this site separately under Food & Stores. Among the many amenities and services offered are the American Airlines Admirals Club, animal relief areas at pre-security, ATMs and much more. Amenities and service's locations are listed on the DFW airport terminal C map. The Hyatt Regency DFW is adjacent to Terminal C (tel. 972-453-1234).
International Terminal D of DFW serves the following airlines: American, British, Emirates, Lufthansa, and others. Food & drink, shops & services are available in pre- & post-security areas. Interactive touch screens show available concessions and their location. Terminal D has Security check-points D18, 22 & 30 - leading to gates D6-D40 - with a walkway past gate D40 to gates C2-39. The Departures level has two direct access points to the DFW Parking Garage for passengers of gates D22-D6 (left) & gates D23-D40 (right). The Grand Hyatt DFW is inside of this Terminal (tel. 972-973-1234), as well as two Minute Suite centers (near gate D23).
Terminal E of Dallas Airport with gates E2-E38 serves the following airlines: Air Canada; Alaska; American; Delta; Frontier; jetBlue; Spirit; United; and Westjet. Terminal E houses security checkpoints E8, 15, 16 & 33, and gates E2-E38, with T-shaped temporary satellite & gates E21-E30. Food & drink establishments, shops & services are available in pre & post-security areas.
International Arrivals & Transfers
Unless you have gone through US customs clearance by participating airports, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in bags. The Skylink at post-security gets you to your connecting flight - or use the walkway between A, B, C & D gates (E gates are not connected by walkway).
The three gates in the corridor connecting Terminals D & B are swing gates, enabling international passengers to proceed directly upstairs to the Customs Hall via the 2-level corridor between terminals D & B.
Aside from Global Entry & TSA Pre-Check - the following three additions have been speeding up the process considerably:
- Currently over 70 percent of international arrivals (US citizens & green-card holders, Canadians, citizens of Visa waiver countries), will use the 51 APC's (automated passport control) processing machines).
- 'carry-on bags only' passengers may use the 'Carry E-Z' green lines in the International Arrivals Hall.
- CBP baggage claim expanded to 13 positions, and the Terminal D22 checkpoint is adding 2 more lanes.
- TSA Checkpoint Locations: A10, A21, B9, B30, C10, C21, C30, D18, D22, D30, E16, E18, E33. CLEAR at E33: CLEAR members bypass long lines going straight to screening.
- American Airlines has an Admirals Club in terminals A - E
- British Airways, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Qantas Business, & The Club at DFW. - near gate D21
- DFW Travel Lounges - at gates B28, E8
- Delta Sky Club - at gate E10
- Centurion Lounge - near gate D17
- The Club at DFW- at gate D21
- Priority Pass lounges - at gates D21, E7
- United Red Carpet Club - at gate E22