- The Airlink 100 express bus at Stop D runs every 10 minutes to Waverley Bridge (near Princes Street & main rail & bus stations), takes 30 minutes. Visit:
- Night bus N22 at Stop D runs via South Gyle to city center & on to Ocean Terminal in Leith every 30 mins., taking 28 mins. Visit: http://lothianbuses.com/plan-a-journey/timetables/N22.
- Bus 35 at Stop F runs every 15 mins Mon-Sat, every 30 mins evening & Sundays to the city center & on to Ocean Terminal (stops include RBS World Headquarters, the Scottish Parliament and the Palace of Holyroodhouse). Site: www.lothianbuses.com
- Bus Service 200 at Stop B runs daily via Clemiston, Blackhall, Drylaw, Muirhouse & Newhaen to Ocean Terminal in Leith between 5:55am and midnight
- The Jet 747 (Fife) bus at Stop G connects the airport with Inverkeithin rail station at Fife and stops at Ratho Station and Solut Queensferry & Ferrytoll Park & Rider. Site: www.stagecoachbus.com.
- The Citylinkair bus at Stop C offers direct service to Glasgow (Buchanan Bus station), taking an hour. Site: www.citylink.co.uk.
Trains: There is no railway station on-Airport grounds - Edinburgh's main rail stations Waverly & Haymarket, can be reached by tram, bus or taxi:
To Edinburgh City Center in 25 minutes: The new Edinburgh Tram system departs the passenger terminal at 6:15am (from Edinburgh at 6:18am) - stopping at train stations of Haymarket, Murrayfield & Edinburgh Park & Waverley train station). For National Rail Inquiries,including timetables, call +44 (0)8457 484950 or visit www.nationalrail.co.uk.com.
Other train connections:
- to Glasgow, Aberdeen Inverness & Scotland's stations -via First ScotRail;
- to Manchester Airport via West Coast Main Line - via First TransPennine Express;
- to London Kings Cross - via East Coast Main Line;
- to Birmingham, Leeds & other UK destinations - via CrossCountry;
- to Birmingham New Street via West Coast Main Line - Virgin Trains.