I'm flying in from JFK to HKG my airline is Cathay
I have a question does Cathay issue my connecting fli [more]ken tu 11/29/2017
is it possible that I will not miss my connecting fli [more]romel 10/16/2017
I will be arriving on AA flight from Los Angeles, CA. [more]Norman 09/29/2017
Where is the closest lounge to Hall F?Diane Fulcher 09/14/2017
Hong Kong Airport was built on reclaimed land on the island of Chek Lap Kok, off Lantau Island, located in the Zujjiang Kou inlet of the South China Sea, between the cities of Macau and Hong Kong. It is accessible from the main land via North Lantau Highway 8, leading to Airport Road.
With 70.5 passengers in 2016, and 2 long runways, HKG International is primary hub for its flag carrier Cathay Pacific, and to Dragonair, Hong Kong Express and Hong Kong Airlines, and is secondary hub for Air New Zealand. It is served by a multitude of national & international airlines, offering non-stop flights throughout mainland China, and direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe. HKG is also a stopover venue for international airlines on their long-distance flights.
Check-in stations are available In-town, at Ferry ports and at Land point:
- Jetstar introduced in-town check-ins at the Hong Kong & Kowloon MTR Airport Express train stations.
- Airline check-in at PRD & Macao: (a) at ferry ports: Dongguan Humen, Fuyong, Macao Maritime Ferry Terminal, Macao Taipa, Shekou; (b) at land points in Shenzhen: Futian Coach station, Gand Ehatre, Airport & Kingkey Banner Center.
On-Airport luxury hotels:
- Regal Airport Hotel (tel. +852 2286 8888 /fax 8686), connected to Terminal 1 via air-conditioned bridge, with extensive meeting and conference facilities and high-quality restaurants & bars.
- SkyCity Marriott Hotel (+852 3969 1888 /fax 2288), located on the waterfront to the east of the terminals, with extensive meeting facilities and various dining, entertainment and recreational options.
Hong Kong International Airport has two passenger Terminals - T1 & T2, as well as North Satellite & Midfield Concourses. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open ‘Ground Transportation: /Buses & Trains.
Important telephone contact information:
- Airport Hotel Link: +852 2738 9500; email: email@example.com; www.vigorholding.com
- Customs: www.customs.gov.hk
- Immigration: www.immd.gov.hk
- Left baggage +852 2261 0110; at Shop 001, Level 3, T2
- Lost /Found +852 2182 2018 / Lostfirstname.lastname@example.org; at Shop 088, level 5, T2 pe-security.
- Medical Center +852 2261 2626; at room 6T009, T1, pe-security.
- Shower & Pay-in Lounges +852 3960 1300, e-mail email@example.com / ww.plaza-network.com
- Security Services +852 2949 8141, www.avseco.com
- Tourist Information /Hong Kong Tourism Board +852 2508 1234; www.discoverhongkong.com
- Transportation +852 2804 2600; www.td.gov.hk (see also 'Transportation: Buses/Trains' at this site.
Current and Future Airport developments:
- In February 2017, STIA officialy broke ground on its North Satellite Modernization Project, which calls for expansion and renovation the old facility - adding 8 new gates with a 240-foot extension of the building to the west. An upper-level mezzanine will be added, doublin current dining /retail area and adding a rooftop Alaska Airline lounge. Current phase 1 of the project is scheduled for 2019, when renovation of the current facility will start,- to be completed by 2021.
- New Terminal 3 /T3 is part of the 3-runway system project/, called '3RS', currently under construction - covering 280,000 sq.meters, with 57 air carrier positions, a landscaped courtyard at its center, and with lots of natural light. Completion is tentatively scheduled for 2024.
Lantau, Hong Kong,
Phone: +852 2181 8888