Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
I'm flying in from JFK to HKG my airline is Cathay
I have a question does Cathay issue my connecting fli [more]ken tu 11/29/2017
is it possible that I will not miss my connecting fli [more]romel 10/16/2017
Am arriving with my 9 month old baby at 20:15 CX 918 [more]Wilma 07/27/2017
CONNECTING FLIGHT YYZ-HKG-KHH
I'm taking Cathay Pacific through HKG then Dragonair [more]amber 08/29/2016
Hong Kong Airport ( HKG ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
The passenger terminal complex at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) consists of two passenger Terminals - T1 & T2 - and the separate North Satellite and new Midfield Concourses. Free WiFi access is available throughout Terminals, North Satellite Concourse & SkyPier. A fleet of Automated People Mover cars (APMs) connects the new SkyPier with T1 & T2 on a 3.8 km track.
The SkyPier is a ferry terminal connecting to seven ports in the Pearl River Delta, and offering convenience store, duty-free liquor & tobacco, beauty & health items, currency exchange, banking & ATM cash machine) .
The Airport Express line takes you to Central downtown Hong Kong within 25 minutes; to AsiaWorld Expo in just one minute.
Jetstar in-town check-in options are available at the Hong Kong & Kowloon MTR Airport Express train stations.
Arrivals procedures: Hong Kong citizens with identity card can proceed to the baggage claim to retrieve bags and exit the terminal. All other travelers need to do the following: have your passport and completed arrival card ready before proceeding to Immigration Hall for immigration check; thereafter, proceed to the baggage reclaim Hall and pick up bags (if lost & damaged contact your airline); with your bag proceed to Customs & Excise control - use red channel for items to declare, otherwise use green channel.
- If you have an onward boarding pass: follow sign to departures level for gates; go through security check; check screens for gate number & time and arrive at your gate no later than 30 mins prior to departure.
- If you do not have an onward boarding pass: find your connecting airline's check-in counter (at either area E1, E2 or W1); then follow signs to the departures level, go through security check and arrive no later than 30 mins at your gate prior to your departure.
Visa & Tourist Information is available from the HKTB Visitor Information Center, located in the Buffer Halls A&B of Terminal 1's Arrivals level. You can also visit DiscoverHongKong.com, or call +852 2508 1234.
If being picked up at the Airport, proceed to Terminal 1's Arrivals Hall A or B (at opposite sides), which offer food & shops.
NOTE: HKIA now has 'Cherrypicks' starbeacon solution - enabling passengers to search & select destination within the airport - showing the best route by indoor map on their mobile devices (supporting 2D, perspective and AR maps). Holding the camera to the signage, it also translates.
Terminal 1 of Hong Kong International - one of the world's largest terminals (570,000 sq.meters) and shaped like a Y - has its 321 check-in counters for most regular airlines on Level 7 (Departures) with counters A through K - Exception: most low-cost and some full-service airlines use check-in facilities at T2, where passengers thereafter need to take the APM car connecting to T1. Levels 6 & 7 house the VIP lounges (itemized at the end of this page). 50 new beacons at T1 guide passengers with a user-friendly map display on their electronic equipment, including restaurants & retail concessions.
NOTE: T1's ongoing dining & shopping enhancements include the refurbishment of the main food halls at post-security, and adding new anchor retail shops. In June 2017 a new series of major upgrades to T1's current faclities have been anounced: the expanded East Hall of T1 is to get a roof garden and children's play area - occupying two levels of the restricted area, and include a recreation zone with new technologies. At opposite end will be open-air spaces with outdoor garden.
Level 8 of T1 houses a restaurant and the 'Peak Lookout'.
Level 7 of T1 is the Check-in/ Departures level with check-in counter areas A - K, the Customer Service Center. This level also houses the Airport Express station.
Level 6 of T1 houses the Y-shaped departure concourse with gates 1 - 71 (after gates 35/36 it splits into gates 40-50 & 60-70). Departure West Hall* is between gates 40 & 60; Departures Central is between gates 27/28; Departure East Hall is between gates 1 & 15. Between gates 20-15 is an escalator to gates 501-510 of the North Satellite Concourse.
* The upgraded West Hall of T1 expanded its shopping offers to 33 brands, while adding the huge 'East to West Food Market' (a dining area) - all to operate in phases - started year-end 2015.
The new and exclusive SkyTeam Lounge at gate 15, seating up to 230 persons and offering high-end amenities, is accessible to First- and Business-Class passengers, and to Elite Plus members.
Level 4 of T1 is another Departures level with access to gates 501-510 and 511-513, and at opposite side to gates 520-525. It houses the Skypier with Duty-free shop & Travelex.
Level 5 of T1 is the Arrivals level with Halls A & B, gates 1-71, baggage reclaim area, shops food & drink , and the HSBC Premier Center (tel. 2748 3322). Level 5 connects directly to level 3.
Level 3 of T1 has the AWTC building attached to it, and offers a wide variety of food, drink & shops and banking facilities.
There is no level 2.
Level 1 of T1 houses the automated people mover (APM) cars, taking passengers to gates gates 1-32 & 33-80, to Teminal 2 & the SkyPier.
The separate North Satellite Concourse (NSC) servesTerminals 1 & 2 and houses gates 501-510 (for smaller aircraft) and a waiting area with food & retail outlets, as well as Travelex. Passengers, whose flight will depart from this Satellite will check in, complete immigration & security check at either T1 or T2, before proceeding to a designated area at T1 to board a shuttle bus to the Satellite, running every 4 minutes. The gate area connects via escalator to Terminal 1's level 6, gates 20-15.
Separate 5-level Midfield Concourse (MFC) serves Terminal 1 - located between two runways and west of T1 - is accessible from T1's level 6 by an extension of the automated people mover (APM). It covers an area of 105,000 sq.meters, has 19 airline gates (201-219) and 20 aircraft parking stands. MFC is expected to handle up to 230 flights a day, and increase Airport capacity by 10M passengers annually. Among MFC's amenities are new seatings with power sockets, free WiFi, inernet-enabled computer station and deck chairs along the glass facade. MFC boasts 35 environmentally-friendly technologies.
(Further development of the remaining Midfield is to be completed by 2020).
Terminal 2 of Hong Kong International serves only as check-in and processing facility for departing passengers of a majority of low-cost, and some full-service airlines. The terminal is without gates or arrivals facilities. Passengers are being transported by underground APM cars to T1. The SkyPlaza inside T2 is a shopping mall offering shops & restaurants, and entertainment facilities. T2 has 56 airline check-in facilities with Customs & Immigration, and is connected to the Airport Express Line on a new platform. T2 also houses the bus station for buses to/from mainland China.
Level 3 of T2 has a number of shops, including duty-free, a wellness center, the Bank of China, and the AWTC annex, with access to Terminal 1, level 5.
Level 4 of T2 is the Skypier with duty-free area, Starbucks & Travelex, gates 3-6 and connects directly to Terminal 1, levels 7(check-in level) & 8.
Level 5 of T2 is the Departures level, with a Customer Service Center, adjacent HKIA Tower, and check-in counters divided by areas N, P & Q. This level has outside access to the Airport Express and inside a number of amenities & services.
Level 6 of T2 houses restaurants & shops, an HSBC (tel. 2233 3000) and on either side of it The Aviation Discovery Center, UA IMAX Threater, 'Dream Come True' Educational Park and i-Sports.
Services & amenities inside the passenger terminals include over 200 retail and 60 food & drink outlets. Airport Ambassadors wearing red jackets are located throughout the terminals, offer great customer service with a smile. Free FiWi access is available throughout the Terminals, the North Satellite Concourse & the SkyPier.
Other amenities and services include customer service centers, health & medical services, internet and business facilities, banking and currency exchange services, lost & found, childrens' play areas &TV lounges, small gardens & rest lounges; nursing rooms, photo kiosks, post office, prayer rooms, shower & pay-in lounge, smoking lounges, baby stroller rentals, battery recharge service, document conveyance, copy services, wheelchair, Meet & Assist, and unaccompanied minors services.
Parking options are available in the multi-level garages 1, 2 & 4.
Lounges at T1 & T2: with airline listing by code (CA = Air China); Codes with * are for code-share flights only; all telephone numbers precede the area code +852 for outside of Hong Kong:
On Level 3 of T2 is the Arrivals Pay-in Lounge - all other lounges are located inside of Termial 1:
On Level 6 of T1:
- Bridge Lounge for: CA*, CX, KA, PR* - tel. 2747 3902 - use escalator near gate 36.
- China Airlines Lounge for: CI, KQ, AE - tel. 2261 1801 - close to Gate 1
- Club Bauhinia Hong Kong Airline Lounge for OZ, PG, HX, PR, BI - tel. 2261 2007 - close to gate 23.
- CNAC VIP Lounge for CA, MU, CZ, FM, 3U, MF - tel. 769 6217 - close to Gate 25 (use lift or staircase near Gate 25)
- Pier First Class for: CA, CX, KA, PR* - tel. 2747 3939 - use elevator or stairway near gate 63.
- Pier Business Class lounge completed its upgrades in 2016 and is now one of the world’s best first- class lounges
- Plaza Premium Lounge (East) for: HM, SU, OZ, MU, AY, GA, JL, KE, MH, LV, PR, QR, RJ, LX, FM, ZH, VN - tel. 2261 0888 - shower & pay-in lounge close to gate 1.
- OneWorld Alliance operates The First Class Lounge, The Wing and an Arrivals Lounge.
- SilverKris Lounge for: NZ, AC, CA, NH, OZ, ET, LH, LX, SQ, TG, TK, UA, VS - tel. 2769 8161 - close to Gate 15
- Sky Team Alliance opened the SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge at T1, level 6,near gate 15.
- Star Alliance offers four lounges, including a newly redesigned Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge, Thai Royal Silk Lounge and recently upgraded United Club.
- The Cabin for: CA*, CX, KA, PR* - tel. 2747 7541 - use staircase near gate 23.
- Wing /Business Class/First Class for: CA*, CX, KA, PR* - tel. 2747 7972 - close to gate 2.
On Level 7 of T1:
- Emirates Lounge* for EK - tel. 2261 0266 - close to gate 40, use escalator /elevator at level 6.
- G16 Lounge for: CA*, CX, & KA' - tel. 2180 2091 - use escalator opposite gate 16 at level 6.
- Plaza Premium Lounge (West) for: KC, CA, AI,, PG, MU, LY, ET, 9W, HO, RA, S7, UL, TK - tel. 221-2612 - close to Gate 35.
- Qantas Hong Kong Lounge for: AF, KL & QF - tel. 2261 0422 - no location available.
- Royal Orchid Lounge for: NZ, AC, CA, NY,, OZ, ET, LH, LX, ZH, SA, TG, TK, UA - tel. 2769 7593 - close to gate 40, use escalator /elevator at level 6.
- United Club* for: NZ, AC, NH, OZ, ET, LH, LX, SA, TG, TK, UA - tel. 2122 8268 - close to gate 60, use escalator /elevator at level 6.
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse* for: DL, BR, VS - tel. 2186 3130 - close to gate 60 - use escalator/ elevator at level 6.