Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Honolulu Airport is one centralized building with two levels and consists of three airport terminals: Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3. T1 is located towards the right, T2 is the main central terminal, while T3 is located towards the left of the HNL airport terminal building.
Level 1 of T1 houses the baggage claim.
Level 2 of T1 consists of the check-in/ticketing counters and houses the terminal gates: A Gates A13-20 and B Gates B1-5.
In the ticketing lobby and A Gates area, you will find AEDs, ATMs, hydration stations, agriculture inspection, charging stations, TTY Phones, and male/female / family restrooms.
In the B Gates area, you will find an AED, TTY Phone service, hydration station, male/female restrooms, public telephones, and ATMs.
To get better oriented, see the Honolulu Airport Terminal 1 Map (HNL Map).
Level 1 of T2 houses the baggage claim
Level 2 of T2 consists of the check-in/ticketing counters and houses the terminal gates: C Gates C1-9, D Gates D 1-2, E Gates E1-10, F Gates F1-2, and G Gates G1-10.
In the C Gates area, you will find 4 AEDs, 3 recharge stations, several public and TTY phones, currency exchange, recharge stations, and restrooms.
In the E Gates area, you will find TTY and public phones, family and men’s restrooms, 2 AEDs, ATMs, and 2 recharging stations.
In the G Gates area, you will find 3 AEDs, TTY and public phones, family and men’s restrooms, and hydration stations.
In the D and F gates alongside the ticketing lobby, you will find similar services as the other terminal gate areas.
To get better oriented, see the Honolulu Airport Terminal 2 Map (HNL Map).
Level 1 of T3 houses the baggage claim and terminal gate H1. It is a connector terminal for international flights.
To get better oriented, see the Honolulu Airport Terminal 3 Map (HNL Map).
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around HNL airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include Best Buy Express, Flight Deck, and Chowmein Express in T1; and Coach, DFS Beauty, and Pinkberry in T2.
The security checkpoints at HNL airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the terminals and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Honolulu Airport Security Wait Times Page.
There are several airline lounges in the HNL airport. In the A gates area of Terminal 1, you will find the Plumeria lounge near Gate A14 and Hawaiian Airlines Premier Club near Gate A20. In Terminal 2, you will find ANA Suite Lounge/ANA Lounge near Gate C4, United Club Lounge above Gate G3, Four Seasons Resort Lana'i Guest Lounge near D1, and Delta Sky Club Lounge across Gate F1.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Smoking is permissible in designated areas at HNL airport: T3 parking lot, T1 and T2 parking garage, roadway median in ticketing lobbies on T2, and other three designated spots
- Keep your identification documents and other items of need in a small carry-on bag
- Check with your respective airlines for the baggage limit and other related rules
- Keep your luggage and personal items prepared for the TSA security checkpoints
- When traveling with kids, keep items to keep them busy and engaged such as games, laptops, books, snacks, or others depending on their interest
- In case of lost items:
- Call your airline for lost items inside the aircraft, departure lounge, or at the ticket counters
- Call TSA at (808) 831-2312 for lost items at the checkpoints
- HNL airport lost and found is situated on the ground level of T2