Stopping in CDG to connect to Casablanca
Have 1 hr 20 min layover bags are book thru to Casabl [more]Peewee 02/22/2020
International transfer, crossing fingers
Hi, I am arriving at T8 from the Caribbean and would [more]Nicole 02/17/2020
I need to get from gate B41 to Gate 64, clearing cust [more]PRT 02/01/2020
arriving at gate B41 and have 2 hours to get to Gate [more]pt 02/01/2020
John F. Kennedy International Airport Overview
JFK is the State of New York's primary international airport, serving the City of New York with its five Boroughs. In the last few years it has made extensive improvements to terminals, roadways and inter-terminal transportation. JFK airport also replaced their inter-terminal buses with the AirTrain, a light rail transit system, offering fast connections to NYC subway and train systems throughout the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
JFK Airport Facts & Stats
Kennedy Airport is located in the southeastern section of Jamaica Bay in Queens. It is about 12 miles from lower Manhattan and accessible via I-678 (Van Wyck Expressway); 878 Nassau Expressway and the Belt Parkway.
With four long runways and 60 million passengers annually, John F. Kennedy International Airport is a hub for American, Delta, & JetBlue airlines, and is served by most national and international airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points on the globe.
- Ramada Plaza Hotel (Building 144) is a convenient venue for overnight stays (Tel: 718-995-9000). To get to other nearby hotels, take the AirTrain to the Federal Circle station for free shuttles.
- JFK's Saarinen/ TWA Flight Center is to be transformed into a luxury 'TWA Flight Center Hotel' with 505 rooms.
The Central Terminal Area (CTA) of Kennedy Airport has six passenger terminals which surround the inner parking facilities of the circle - in the center of which are both JFK Expressway & Van Wyck Expressway. Drivers arriving by car from Van Wyck Expressway will turn left for Terminal 8, and right to Terminals 1 & 2; drivers arriving from JFK Expressway will turn right to Terminal 8, left to Terminals 7 & 5. T1, T2, T4, T5, T7 & T8 are connected by the Airline Terminals Train & the Airtrain. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
Arriving Delta Passengers continuing their journey on Delta may use one of its three shuttle routes to transfer between Terminals T4 & T2 - located at B18 & B54 gates; while 2 passengers needing to get to T4 will use the shuttle located at C60. Shuttles are marked accordingly and take between 2 and 6 minutes.
NOTE: New York Kennedy airport now uses face recognition technology to match a person’s face to their passport photo.
Airport Recent News
- Under the $1.2B expansion Project of T4, phases 1 and 2 have already been completed.
- Terminal 4: Modernization of security operations center project at T4, undertaken by the Thales company, is to improve terminal operations - to be completed by 2020.
- Terminal 5: 'Airmall' concessions operator of T5 intends to make considerable investments, and to continue upgrading unique and local New-York-inspired offerings. (To offer travelers some 'green space' - JetBlue Airways, in collaboration with GrowNYC, is building a 24,000 sq.feet 'farm' for organic vegetables - to be used by Terminal 5's restaurants.)
- Roads /Runway: A $10B renovation plan to be completed between late 2018 & 2020 includes: ongoing road access improvements and later Runway upgrades of 4R/22L & 13L/31R.
Keahole Airport Rd
New York, NY 11430
Phone: (718) 244-2444