Tips for managing long lay-overs or extended flight delays when flying with children
Take care of business 1st. Use the restroom, get something to eat and create a "home base" near your flight gate.
Look at the airport map to see if there are any child play areas or exhibits that you could visit.
Take a walk around the airport. Create a guided treasure hunt for your children. Let’s find the water fountain, the news stand, the rest room, etc.
For toddlers, create a mini-play area away from high traffic areas. Pick a place that has natural boundaries with chairs or windows so the child can wander "freely" but somewhat contained. Windows are great for observing air-traffic. Play eye-spy.
Some airports have exposed outlets that can be used to recharge DVD players.
- What to know before purchasing a ticket when flying with children
- Packing a carry-on bag for kids
- What should I wear onboard and how should I dress my children for flying?
- Tips for getting thru airport security with children
- Tips for entertaining children while flying
- Tips for managing long layovers or extended flight delays when flying with children
- Tips for flying with Infants
- Tips for flying with Toddlers