I will arrive on Southwest Flight 0952 at 12:10 and [more]Lori 14 hr ago
How to get from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1?
Have to meet my sister arriving on Delta in Terminal [more]Mahondi 01/28/2020
baggage claim question
can a relative (non passenger) go inside the baggage [more]CJ 01/15/2020
How do I get to long term parking for a United Flight?
I will be flying United from las to Chicago and I nee [more]Susan 12/28/2019
McCarran International Airport (LAS) Overview
LAS serves the City of Las Vegas and the surrounding Clark County in southern Nevada. Gambling can start right at the airport, which has 1,300 slot machines around every corner throughout its terminals. View the latest must-see shows as you travel through McCarren International Airport.
McCarran LAS Airport is located in the town of Paradise - only five miles south of the central business district of Las Vegas, and less than a mile from the famous Las Vegas Strip and only minutes from all the big hotels. Situated between Interstate Highways 15 & 515, it is accessible from Tropicana Avenue (SR 593) to the north, or the Beltway (I-215) to the south, entering the airport via the McCarran Airport Connector, which includes Paradise Rd./ Swenson Street and the Airport tunnel.
McCarren International Airport Facts & Stats
With four runways and 50 million passengers served, Las Vegas Airport serves as focus city for Allegiant & Southwest airlines and is served by a multitude of domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Las Vegas airport has two passenger terminals: Domestic T1 and new International T3. (For terminal details, open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for parking information open the Parking Map; for transportation open Transportation: Buses, Trains.)
LAS offers ‘Bags To Go’ services allowing passengers to check your bags prior to your arrival at McCarran Airport by using 'Airport Speed Check Advance' (at a fee). Passengers of participating airlines can visit one of seven locations to check baggage hours prior to scheduled flight departure. With this technology, 'Bags To Go' agents tag & store bags and issue your boarding pass, whereupon Bags To Go transports bags to McCarran for TSA screening and subsequent loading onto your plane. Instead of going to the ticketing counter you can then proceed straight to the security checkpoint & gate.
Reaching your Rental Car: While buses take rental car customers to the rental car facility, be aware that there is a long distance from your gate to the outside rental car buses. The bus transfer takes at least 15 minutes, and by the time you get into your rental car (provided you made prior reservations) you wait at least another 15 minutes. From May thru September (National Parks' high season), set aside a 1-hour transfer - particularly on your way back to catch your flight.
Nursing mothers: Three new nursing suites are available at: the skybridge connecting C Concourse with A & B gates; near the children's play area at Concourse D, and at Terminal 3's gate E-9.
Important Telephone numbers:
- Airport Administration: 702-261-5100
- General Information: 702-261-5211
- Lost & Found: 702-261-5134
- Paging: 702-261-5211
- Parking Information: 702-261-5121
- Rental Car Center: 702-261-6001
- TDD: 702-261-3111
Important Notices: As security checkpoint lines at times are very long, it is recommended that on busy days (morning hours & holidays) passengers arrive at the airport more than two hours (and at peak travel times 2.5 hrs) ahead of international flight departure, and 90 minutes before domestic departures.
- TSA & American Airlines together implemented a new screening technology with automated security screening lanes (ASCL) & CT scanners - reducing security screening time by nearly 30 percent. .
- Clear now offers the latest biometric screening service.
- Eligible passengers may use the MPC (Mobile Passport Control) app, which can be downloaded free from Apple APP or Google Play Stores, or over the Airport's free WiFi system.
- Prior to leaving your house to catch your flight- take the following steps:
- Contact your airline 72 hours prior to scheduled departure to confirm your flight, as non-confirmation empowers your airline to cancel your reservation.
- Make sure that your name on the passport matches the name on the ticket.
Airport Recent News
- McCarren International announced it will be the first airport in the United States to provide MagnusCards® for travelers with cognitive special needs such as autism. This mobile app provides step-by-step instructions for users including boarding an Airplane, check-in, getting baggage, going to the restroom and security screening.
- The extension of the Monorail to McCarran Las Vegas Airport is in the planning stage; its airport station would be between the MGM Grand and the Harmon Ave. & Koval Lane. The proposed extension would add underground stations at Terminals 1 and 3.
- Dufry (operating food, drink & stores) will expand its store area by 18,000 sq.feet, including the launch of a 6,000 sq.feet duty-free and duty-paid combination store in Terminal 1, D gates. Named 'Las Vegas Dufry Shopping' it is to offer extensive product /brand assortments across all main duty-free categories, covering cosmetics, wine/spirits, confection, duty-paid (accessories, essentials, electronics, fashion), and a high-end liquor offering.
McCarran International Airport is proud to be the first airport in the United States to introduce MagnusCards®, a new initiative to assist travelers with cognitive special needs such as autism. Canadian company Magnusmode created MagnusCards®, a mobile app which leverages technology to empower and aid people as they engage in a variety of everyday activities. “We want to ensure that all of our passengers are able to safely and efficiently navigate through our airport. This app is an excellent concept for our passengers with special needs,” said Clark County Aviation Director Rosemary A. Vassiliadis. “This new tool is another example of how McCarran is committed to innovation and improving the passenger experience.” MagnusCards® offers digital “Card Decks” which provide step-by-step instructions that walk the user through a variety of activities. McCarran’s custom app offers five different Card Decks to help individuals make their way around the airport. Card Decks include: Boarding an Airplane Check-in Getting Your Baggage Going to the Restroom Security Screening
5757 Wayne Newton Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89119 USA
Phone: (702) 261 5211